2014 New York Chickenstock

Yes. The proceeds go to the hosts to defray costs. Some of us have to rent a port-o-potty, or tent or tables. And lord knows it is a huge commitment. It is worth it though!

We have done a 50/50 in addition to the raffle a time or two. This is usualy the choice of the host. Any interest in that Tab or Travis? Karen and I have had some mad ninja raffle running skills. :p . Let me know. We'll just need two colors of tickets.

Can't wait!!

I still have the roll of RED from the last time.  Will bring them.  There is better than half a roll still there.

Great!

Hello all I read way more than I post. I am planing on attending. Mostly at work when I am on my breaks. I work 11-7 so not much going on then. I might post more now that my wife got me into the 20th century and made me retire my old flip phone. This will be the first event of this type I will attend so I have no Idea what or how much to bring. I do have Time though. and a large teenage son to help with set up/clean up. We only live a few miles away in floyd. I could also bring our grill. or a 12x12 canopy. if that would be helpful. just don't want to feel like a freeloader.

Wow - this is so exciting and like a PRIVATE festival !!! Only cool people are invited.

:) Bakin - are you going to catch a ride with Pyxis and me ?

I'll just put all I have (horse stuff and plums) in the back of the pickup and what anyone wants - they want.

I know for sure I have wine for the auction, may also have beer and I'll put my thinking cap on for me - because we want the hosts to feel well compensated the time, land and all other energies that go into this !!!!

I am trying to live gluten free - but I don't sweat it as it is not an allergy yet - just feel better without Frankenwheat in my tummy.

Poo! Next time you pick up feed! Let me know when you're running close to low so I can be sure to have extra bags around.

I'm very excited, I love picnics! Also I do natural red henna tattoos, and can face paint the kids as well. I'm not spectacular with the face paint but I can do fun things like butterflies, flowers, sports things etc. I can also pick up rub off tattoos for the kids (and adults!)

Ohhhhhhh me me :)

How many of these plum trees do you have ? I might like 1 or 2 ..What size are the fruit ?

I have some Rose of Sharon baby seedlings / trees I could bring to trade or auction
...Have to see what donations I get from the trees in the spring 
Maybe something chicken or duck ...to Auction

AUCTION - - If I remember right ..the AUCTION $$$ BENEFITS THE HOST FAMILY ..

I believe they are beach plums

Oh....speaking of tent, I have one of those pop up canopy things.....if I can talk Ray into coming (so we have the pick up) I would be able to bring that.   Just in case, ya know.

This picnic is early enough in the season that seedling/started plants would be welcome by many of the gardeners amoung us.   Dollar Tree has mini-greenhouses and starter soil (for a buck).  I have sooooo many tomato seeds I am thinking of starting a couple of these dollar store trays (each holds 12) and bringing them for the auction.  Of course to have them big enough I would have to start them really really soon.  (awww, too bad.  LOL)

Oh speaking of canopy tents if we have enough room I can bring mine, and good idea about the seedlings :)

Wow -  this is so exciting and like a PRIVATE festival !!!  Only cool people are invited.

:)    Bakin - are you going to catch a ride with Pyxis and me ?

I'll just put all I have (horse stuff and plums) in the back of the pickup and what anyone wants - they want.

I know for sure I have wine for the auction, may also have beer and I'll put my thinking cap on for me - because we want the hosts to feel well compensated the time, land and all other energies that go into this !!!!  

I am trying to live gluten free - but I don't sweat it as it is not an allergy yet - just feel better without Frankenwheat in my tummy.

Yes I would love too, we can talk about it more as time goes on, also we can discuss food more :) what if I brought a big themed gluten free cake? Or maybe cupcakes would be better on space

Ohhhhhhh me me
smile.png

Oh speaking of canopy tents if we have enough room I can bring mine, and good idea about the seedlings
smile.png

Yes I would love too, we can talk about it more as time goes on, also we can discuss food more
smile.png
what if I brought a big themed gluten free cake? Or maybe cupcakes would be better on space

Just my 2 cents (not that you asked) but cupcakes are easier to serve....no need for plates, forks or knife to cut them. But we did have a cake last time, and I don't think the whole plate thing slowed anyone down. LOL

And speaking of plates (not that you were) Plates, napkins, plasticware are all things that are going to be needed. Someone who is driving a long distance or just doesn't cook could volunteer to bring those instead of food.

Ohhhhhhh me me :)

Oh speaking of canopy tents if we have enough room I can bring mine, and good idea about the seedlings :)

Yes I would love too, we can talk about it more as time goes on, also we can discuss food more :) what if I brought a big themed gluten free cake? Or maybe cupcakes would be better on space

Just my 2 cents (not that you asked) but cupcakes are easier to serve....no need for plates, forks or knife to cut them.   But we did have a cake last time, and I don't think the whole plate thing slowed anyone down.  LOL

And speaking of plates (not that you were) Plates, napkins, plasticware are all things that are going to be needed.  Someone who is driving a long distance or just doesn't cook could volunteer to bring those instead of food.

Yes, I have brought the non food items in past years as we drive 5 hours ;). Works well for traveling!

Yes, I have brought the non food items in past years as we drive 5 hours
wink.png
. Works well for traveling!

And Stony whines about driving 3 hours. Sheesh. He's such a whiner. You bringing some of the paperware this year too? (I won't if you are...but I am seriously considering bringing a case of water again...most of it was consumed last time...which was good, cuz it was much lighter to load at the end of the day that way)

Yes, I have brought the non food items in past years as we drive 5 hours ;) . Works well for traveling!

And Stony whines about driving 3 hours.  Sheesh.  He's such a whiner.   You bringing some of the paperware this year too?  (I won't if you are...but I am seriously considering bringing a case of water again...most of it was consumed last time...which was good, cuz it was much lighter to load at the end of the day that way)

Oh, no. You sign up for whatever you like and I shall help fill holes when we get closer. Whatever works best, I'm flexible ;)

Back
Top Bottom