2014 New York Chickenstock

Was someone bringing salad dressing? I forgot to pick some up to go with my salad and wont make it back out tonight. Leaving at 730 am so no place to stop at at that time. So looking forward to seeing everyone! By the way, it take a little over 3 hours to bath, dry and clip nails on 4 silkies, in case you were wondering. I am soaked as well. Baking--your broody is still broody and I pulled her off her eggs. Her mother is sitting on them now. Your pullet is in with Pyxis babies, sitting on nothing but being very good with the babies. Solves my problem of how to keep them warm tomorrow!

Nutty--you are getting a trio of rir babies.

Lynzi--was it you who wanted two rir pullet chicks? I dont remember. If not then whomever asked for them please let me know!

Time to go get all the food ready.

*waving my hands wildly in the air* IT WAS ME, it was me, it was meeeeee....IF you have an extra roo chick, I would take him too....total of 4 birds max, please.

I know this was mentioned a long time back, but were we still doing the braided rug thing? The butcher demo took over I think, which is fine.
smile.png
Just want to know if I should drag along the tote full if jeans.

I am bringing scissors and fabric to show y'all how how make one flat piece of fabric into one very long string that you can then braid or crochet. Anyone interested in takeing a sample of how it is done home might want to bring a small piece of fabric to cut, as demonstrated, so when you get home you can recall how it is done.

Hey guys, posting for Baking. Rancher was supposed to bring the rooster, so she thought the demo was off. However, if someone can bring a big pot, something to heat the water with like a turkey frier or burner, a killing cone or something to use as one like a bleach bottle etc, a sharp paring knife, and of course a rooster, she'll still do it. We are already on the way and didn't pack the stuff.

Kitchen shears would be good too but not necessary.

Last edited:
Do we have enough juice/water? Since I'm now bringing my kids I may go out tonight and pick up something to put in their water bottles for tomorrow and possibly pack a small cooler for them just cuz their picky. If anyone can think of anything else we may need I don't mind picking it up tonight...

When i get back home i'll list all the juice i got. Be about 9pm tonight

Hey guys, posting for Baking. Rancher was supposed to bring the rooster, so she thought the demo was off. However, if someone can bring a big pot, something to heat the water with like a turkey frier or burner, a killing cone or something to use as one like a bleach bottle etc, a sharp paring knife, and of course a rooster, she'll still do it. We are already on the way and didn't pack the stuff.

Kitchen shears would be good too but not necessary.

I still have that rooster. Mr. Mean Gene. I am sorry he's not going. He is a nice big guy. It's a shame he's mean.

I traded away a bunch of young ones for hay. Kept a B. Maran roo, a Del roo and a B. Maran pullet. She's not coming to the picnic she's picking up a milk goat in Skaneateles or Caz.

I have 6 broodies on eggs, plus Frenchy with 4 AND 12 in the brooder. I do hope a Del or two hatch from the shipped eggs under broodies.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom