2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. I've been reading all over BYC trying to find more info on gape worms. I saw where you can use a q-tip to see if that's truly the issue. I have a hen gaping like crazy and she's not looking great. Has anyone dealt with this before and if so, what do I use and what is the dosage? Never heard of these things before..........I did start them on Rooster Booster the other day for a Fall clean out after seeing some suspected droppings........

@ tiffany...........I'm not even going to say how many eggs are cooking right now.........
duc.gif

I'm pretty sure my turner is going wonky. I lock down tomorrow at 9am. I candled a because I just realized the turner isn't working the way it should. It had been fine until last night. I have eggs that look fuller than full and then a few that still have quite a bit of room in them. I'm assuming those will hatch first and the others will be on schedule for day 21?They are all bantam/LF cross. All of the eggs show movement and have great veins. My one saddled aircell hasn't gotten any bigger and the other air cells are on track for tomorrow lockdown. First time incubating and I'm getting nervous. Lol

At this point you can safely remove the turner, if you haven't already. Eggs that candle fully dark + air cell should be first to hatch. Those with dark + fluid + air cell will come along a little later.

At this point you can safely remove the turner, if you haven't already.  Eggs that candle fully dark + air cell should be first to hatch.  Those with dark + fluid + air cell will come along a little later.
Should I keep the one with the small saddle air cell up right?

I'm pretty sure my turner is going wonky. I lock down tomorrow at 9am. I candled a because I just realized the turner isn't working the way it should. It had been fine until last night. I have eggs that look fuller than full and then a few that still have quite a bit of room in them. I'm assuming those will hatch first and the others will be on schedule for day 21?They are all bantam/LF cross. All of the eggs show movement and have great veins. My one saddled aircell hasn't gotten any bigger and the other air cells are on track for tomorrow lockdown. First time incubating and I'm getting nervous. Lol

Best of luck.

beyond an addiction I swore no more to spring yea right, already have plans for another hatch in 10 days

I was supposed to wait till spring for this hatch. Haha, my husband is pretty patient with me though. I will probably hatch to sell in the spring unless I win and hatch some sebright or porcelain D'uccles from the contests I entered.

I was supposed to wait till spring for this hatch. Haha, my husband is pretty patient with me though. I will probably hatch to sell in the spring unless I win and hatch some sebright or porcelain D'uccles from the contests I entered.
yea after our now 3 week old chicks hatched we said last til spring and you see how well that's working out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom