2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure my turner is going wonky. I lock down tomorrow at 9am. I candled a because I just realized the turner isn't working the way it should. It had been fine until last night. I have eggs that look fuller than full and then a few that still have quite a bit of room in them. I'm assuming those will hatch first and the others will be on schedule for day 21?They are all bantam/LF cross. All of the eggs show movement and have great veins. My one saddled aircell hasn't gotten any bigger and the other air cells are on track for tomorrow lockdown. First time incubating and I'm getting nervous. Lol

Sounds like you found out that your turner wasn't working in time. When mine stopped..in a new bator that came with the turner, stopped, it was within the first week. Had to hurry and put the half of eggs in another bator, one half of the turner was still working. Hurried out and bought a new turner. Working great now. I will go into lock down on Sat. with these EE's and OE's. Some may hatch earlier..a day, when you have a lot of eggs it can happen. Having said that, I just had six eggs hatch..one, on day 19, 4 others on day 20, and one on day 21. The one that hatched on day 21 had been pipped a long time. It just took it's time, but is doing well. :)

Blarney, I am feeling much better, physically, and emotionally. I can almost do this! Thank you for asking!

Screen-shot-2012-10-15-at-1.38.20-PM.png

J/k....Not really! Not even close.
lau.gif

Last edited:
Should I keep the one with the small saddle air cell up right?

Did you take them out and put them in on their sides? No new turner? If so, just keep turning them, it's now problem for them at all. If the saddle is small, the chick will probably do just fine getting out.

Last edited:
The look good so far and they are getting bigger.
Did you go not a trip?

Nope :/ all work here.

looks good so far, what is humidity running at? 20-35% I would not go higher

oh my! what do you do with them all, sell them at auctions?

I sell to local people through craigslist. Ive sold 4 and have 2 older ones left and my 6 ovtober babies still :)

awwwww message me when you want to hatch some and I can send you some eggs to hatch out and hook you up with some huge layers, and explain how to tell male from females at hatch.
hugs.gif
Um, yes please and thank you! That would be fabulous! If this last egg ends up as a quitter I will be messaging you sooner than later! My kids would be beyond thrilled (my son started crying because he didn't understand that our clears were....not developing, he thought we were killing "the baby chickens" , had to reexplain that one. poor kid!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom