2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
now I really want some NN! look at those necks! 

We can make arrangements for you to get some eggs. Although I can't guarantee all will be NN as my flock isn't homozygous for the gene. Although this hatch has been approximately 1/2 and 1/2.

The eggs would be from several runs.

How many eggs you want?

Last edited:
We can make arrangements for you to get some eggs. Although I can't guarantee all will be NN as my flock isn't homozygous for the gene. Although this hatch has been approximately 1/2 and 1/2.

The eggs would be from several runs.

How many eggs you want?
you are way too kind!
I will have to pass though, call me an odd ball, but I only incubate eggs shipped from the next states over, and your way over yonder!
hit.gif

The bator arrived, WOOOO! Already set up with two extra thermometers I purchased today. I have to say the menu doesn't seem as hard to navigate as expected, I do see what people are talking about with number of eggs though, hoping I can fit the 20 in there!

Yay I've been wanting to do these and all the others will be out and starting w a fresh empty bator!!! Wish I could order some dark Browns but I'll stick w my silkie cross and green and blue eggs for a nice colorful hatch!!!

Contest large Salt Pepper Shakers ~ I am soooo upset! I bought these at a cool shop on vacation and WAS going to use them for a contest! I opened them up to look at them to take images, and here the man had wrapped them together as one piece! They must have banged and chipped the hens comb
hit.gif

I swear I need to watch every little thing everywhere I go! ughhhh

They were beautiful too!!

Never trust a man to wrap fragile stuff.... AMEN.....

DAVE!!!! There you are! where you hanging out? I found an interesting read for you, I have it stored in my gazillion links somewheres!! I will look for it tomorrow, it was funny and interesting so I saved it to share!

Gee thanks.... I need one at times.. I been hangin' at Oz's place.. What a great guy and family... Lots to be learned over there, especially about life in general...

Hi everyone! I'm fairly a newbie here. Only been on BYC a few months and read more than I post. I got the hatching bug after a broody went rogue on me. Crazy girl had over 20 eggs under her, we had been on vacation when she began to sit and wasn't sure of the exact date. Her name is Lizzy after Lizzy Borden because she ate her babies
ep.gif
When it was about time for them to hatch, I candled them, they were close, and I thought the skunk problem we'd been dealing with got to the eggs/babies. Nope! Into a bucket of cold water miss Lizzy went and the broody is not allowed in her any longer. I hope her nasty habit doesn't follow her to her babies, she's a beautiful layer!

I got a wild hair and made my own incubator off a youtube demo. Last week I hatched my first 3 from a batch the thermometer wasnt working (digital and yep, learned the hard way) even after diving into everything I could possibly read on here. So, 3 beautiful little barnyard fluffy butts! Before that hatch I already had the bug and had ordered an LG bator. Uhg!!!!! I was going to use my homemade one for the lockdowns and the LG for the first 18. 7 thermometers later I have an overdue batch I'm not sure is going to show. They were due on Wed. Still a couple viable and no internal pips. I think the times between going from a couple to 7 thermometers may have done damage.

Hope this doesn't sound just awful. STRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Uhg! Next batch due the first. So, all total I now have 3 incubators.........Hubby and I made one a bit larger, we are relining the outside of them for better temps and yep, learning as we go. Sally helped me with the internal pip question and so I am waiting................and waiting.........

When I was growing up I was in 4_H and chickens were one of my projects. I sold eggs to pay for my barrel mare and everything was easy because nature took care of itself. 200 WL, a few RIR and a "couple" literally of bantams, Mr and Mrs. Black. They did an excellent job of raising their own babies!!! Since then I had a handful of chickens on a farm years before moving to CO. All this is NEW in the hatching dept. At this point I am wondering ...........what on earth was I thinking..........
barnie.gif

Nice to meet everyone here and have been catching up on some of your posts!!

Messed up on my start date. Placed 42 eggs in incubator on 13 Sept., turned on turner, but didn't notice heater wasn't plugged in. Was going to candle today and figured this out. Plugged in heater today 19 Sept., so now hatch date will be 10 Oct., Cornish x RIR (mutts).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom