2015 New York Chickenstock

I think Crazy is asking you to hatch for her ...Are you asking for eggs to hatch instead ?

Yes, I think I misunderstood the post ! Thought you said all chicks had to be returned to owner of the eggs. Didn't realize you were looking for eggs to hatch for your flock !! DUH !
idunno.gif

Yes, I think I misunderstood the post ! Thought you said all chicks had to be returned to owner of the eggs. Didn't realize you were looking for eggs to hatch for your flock !! DUH !
idunno.gif
No you didn't misunderstand. The owner, who provides the eggs, has to take the chicks. I don't need more chicks/chickens.

I just had a third broody hatched chick moved to the brooder. If half of all eggs hatch I'd have about 15 chicks to deal with.

YOUR eggs, MY incubator, YOUR chicks. I'd do duck eggs if you have eggs to spare because I'm not experienced with duck eggs.

DW has been sewing. Though not any aprons as yet. I do have one order though.  I'd intended them for the auction so Nutty can hopefully make more money if she rents a port a potty. 

Is there a designated thread for Sept. ?  

What sorts of things are folks most likely to want for the auction. Considering the poor review last time I'm a little leery of bringing anything. 

Rancher I would like to order an apron with chickens on it. Please PM me and let me know the details.
Don't feel leery of offering anything for the auction. Did the people who complained offer anything out of their pocket for a auction, the one thing I learned a long time ago is people LOVE to complain & gossip, and neither sort are worth your time, people can be *****. The additional point would be that if they don't like the things offered they don't have to buy the tickets. I put tickets in for the magazines (I think those were yours) I found that they would have made a great stack of information for the newbie I am.

Last edited:
Rancher I would like to order an apron with chickens on it. Please PM me and let me know the details.
Don't feel leery of offering anything for the auction. Did the people who complained offer anything out of their pocket for a auction, the one thing I learned a long time ago is people LOVE to complain & gossip, and neither sort are worth your time, people can be *****. The additional point would be that if they don't like the things offered they don't have to buy the tickets. I put tickets in for the magazines (I think those were yours) I found that they would have made a great stack of information for the newbie I am.
One of the new issues of Practical Poultry has an review/article on Welsummers. Dark eggs? I may switch out my marans since all but one is broody. What a pain. My Marans lay nice sized eggs. I don't have time to waste on brooding hens.

My EE's lay a medium most of the time.

Another chick pulled from the Marans. Had to uncover it's head from the shell and rubbed some antibiotic ointment on it's belly. We shall see. If it survives it will be an olive egger.

I don't let what folks say discourage me. I'm too old and have no time for such nonsense. Not everyone will agree with me. Such is life.

I'll bring what I think folks will like. If not, what can I do? We are a spoiled lot.

Back
Top Bottom