2015 New York Chickenstock

Well - I hope to go. I think I'm getting 6 ducklings from LadyHawke and I'm always up for more chickens!
tongue.png
. Not sure yet what I would be bringing, probably some Christmas craft projects, plants if available. I would also like to do the bee thing. I will schedule a time so that it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.
Luv brought me a dozen duck eggs to stick under my broody hens. I've got two so far that have two eggs each. Not putting them all under the same hen. I've got a CRock hen on eggs but this is a first for me so I'm not trusting her with duck eggs. I've got six Marans hens on eggs. I pulled the chicken eggs from one and gave her two duck eggs and will do another today. Some will go in the incubator too.

The bee thing would be good. Perhaps you can post the time of your demonstration. This way we don't miss it. The same with the processing demo too. If there is one.

Country Max and Runnings have sold their bee hive stock. Not to me of course.

Better put Rancher on that list! Really wanted to see the beekeeping demo. scheduled to work. Don't see any active bee clubs in Montgomery or Fulton county willing to do grunt work for mentor. Really looking forward too next years location North of Old Forge hopefully all this AI crap is over.

Yes I'm planning on being there.

Old Forge would be great cuz we could book a cabin or something to just sit and well just sit.

I preordered Harper Lees new book. Won't do that again ever. Now I've got to wait for it to come and haven't saved any money. I could be at the bookstore and have it in hard right now. What an idiot I am sometimes.

No Gramma I 'am scheduled to work. Rancher I know the feeling of just sitting on the cabin porch feeling of zin.
I think the world went nuts when they stopped putting porches on houses. No joke. There is nothing like a good porch to watch the rain come down. Therapy that money can't buy.

The one thing I wish our house had.

Better put Rancher on that list!  Really wanted to see the beekeeping demo. scheduled to work. Don't see any active bee clubs in Montgomery or Fulton county willing to do grunt work for mentor. Really looking forward too next years location North of Old Forge hopefully all this AI crap is over.   

I think there is a Hudson Valley group, or at least Hudson Valley Bee Supply on Facebook. They seem to have demos and classes. They should be able to help you find a local club. There is a list somewhere online of bee clubs in each state, don't have that link here on my iPod though.

No Gramma I 'am scheduled to work. Rancher I know the feeling of just sitting on the cabin porch feeling of zin.

oh ...ok ..
If I had a porch ..I would probably be covered in mosquitoes...
We have a back deck dont dare go out there after dark ..
Mosquitoes are nasty this year ..
We did get a bug zapper ...forget to plug it in..I have enough bites from them in the day .
They dont seem to bother the chickens other than them eating them .
This baby I was holding grabbed one & ate it off my arm

Think it is a girl ? it is so sweet - Peanut butter swirl is what I call it

Last edited:
I am mosquito bait. They wait for me to come outside. I have to bath in deet just to work outside. I hate them and would rather die from deep than be eaten alive!

I went to light a citronella torch but the oil must have evaporated. One torch is missing it's wick.
hu.gif

However the mosquitoes are awful here and always have been. Doofus has a boat that is full of water. I will dump it today but still the mosquitos are killers. Came in with a few berries and dropped a tick in the sink too.

I've been using some Bug soap I bought at the NYS fair last year. Not much help. Deet is the only thing that really works.

I think I've read that some folks are more prone to attracting mosquitoes.

May and sometime in the fall are best for sitting outside. The mosquitoes are why I don't host a Chickenstock. Everyone would have to wear Muck boots.

Back
Top Bottom