2017 Groundhog Day Hatch-a-long!

Cool new contest: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1148503/2017-groundhog-day-hatch-a-long-paper-snowflake-contest
More coming soon btw!
ya.gif
wee.gif

I candled my turkey eggs yesterday. I couldn't see well in all of them but definitely some of them have veining! The first eggs of the year are fertile! I have 8 more sitting on the counter that will be set tomorrow along with any the get laid today and tomorrow
smile.png
Poult season is coming!
yesss.gif

Did my first candling; all twelve of my chicken's eggs are growing, and nine of the shipped silkie eggs look good. Two were clear and one had a blood ring. Air cells look good, but the humidity is creeping up; it's around 40%. I try to do "dry" incubation, but the ambient humidity gets high in east Tennessee. I had only six out of 24 shipped eggs hatch last August when the humidity was very high the whole time, so I've ordered a small dehumidifier to use as needed in the bathroom where the incubator is. Thanks everyone for the good wishes! Here's hoping we all have very successful hatches!:highfive:

Did my first candling; all twelve of my chicken's eggs are growing, and nine of the shipped silkie eggs look good. Two were clear and one had a blood ring. Air cells look good, but the humidity is creeping up; it's around 40%. I try to do "dry" incubation, but the ambient humidity gets high in east Tennessee. I had only six out of 24 shipped eggs hatch last August when the humidity was very high the whole time, so I've ordered a small dehumidifier to use as needed in the bathroom where the incubator is. Thanks everyone for the good wishes! Here's hoping we all have very successful hatches!:highfive:

:thumbsup

Last edited:
Did my first candling; all twelve of my chicken's eggs are growing, and nine of the shipped silkie eggs look good. Two were clear and one had a blood ring. Air cells look good, but the humidity is creeping up; it's around 40%. I try to do "dry" incubation, but the ambient humidity gets high in east Tennessee. I had only six out of 24 shipped eggs hatch last August when the humidity was very high the whole time, so I've ordered a small dehumidifier to use as needed in the bathroom where the incubator is. Thanks everyone for the good wishes! Here's hoping we all have very successful hatches!
highfive.gif
Sounds great! Best of luck with that hatch!
thumbsup.gif

Hello!!!!!

I will be setting 36+ cochin, frizzle cochin, and silkie bantam eggs on Tuesday
love.gif
And after that I am hoping to get some crested cream legbar eggs from a lady locally to hatch. And maybe some turkey eggs..... My incubator runs pretty much non-stop from January to June lol.

Back
Top Bottom