2017 Groundhog Day Hatch-a-long!

Man, lucky you, Isabella! You do have more production type breeds then me though. I only have one Leghorn, and all the rest are dual purpose.....

I couldn't butcher anything like that
sad.png

Well, when they go into the cone, their heads are low and they fall asleep because of blood rushing to their heads, so they are pretty out of it when we kill them. We hope it is pretty humane way of doing the deed, we don't like killing them. But we do like eating them!

Ooh! Can I join too!? I'm already a member of the January Hatch along thread but it doesn't get as much action as this thread. I tried to make my own thread but it flopped. Lol. Anyway I have 26 shipped silkie/sizzle/showgirl eggs in lockdown. Today at 3:30 pm starts day 19 for them. I am so excited because I've hatched only twice before and made so many horrible mistakes and this time I have tried to be so good!
1f607.png

And I'm stressed because even though I know probably nothing will happen for couple more days, I can't stop myself from checking in them at least once per hour even so! I'm hopeless! Heh.
Also not sure why but on candle at day 18 to check for internal pips before lockdown I noticed that several eggies looked to be developing several days behind the rest of the eggs. I am in a hovabator forced air and have had no temp fluctuations at all so I'm not sure how some could be so far behind? When tapped, the baby inside definitely moves around in there. But I guess that's what worries me. At this point the egg should be so full of chicken that it can't move around so much anymore. Ugh. I hope they don't die.

Hello @melaniekemp ! Yes, come right on in the join the chat! I am sorry to hear about your homemade incubator
hmm.png

Yep, I have never even hatched before but I know I will be so nervous and excited when I do this spring! I'm not sure why the eggs would be behind in developing though
hu.gif
But if you think that they are alive and moving in there, I guess you could wait and see what happens. I really hope they make it!
fl.gif

Some chicks just take a little longer ;) ive got.my first ones on lock down as well today is day 20 and 3 of them look a little behind as well but they are still improving! Also dont count the day you set them start your count 24 hours after you start them! Good luck hope all goes well :)

Hello @melaniekemp
! Yes, come right on in the join the chat! I am sorry to hear about your homemade incubator :/
Yep, I have never even hatched before but I know I will be so nervous and excited when I do this spring! I'm not sure why the eggs would be behind in developing though :confused: But if you think that they are alive and moving in there, I guess you could wait and see what happens. I really hope they make it! :fl

Thanks! I hate to eggtopsy dead chickies : (

Back
Top Bottom