2017 Groundhog Day Hatch-a-long!

Here we go again....
1f60d.png
...I set 24 eggs on the 17th, got down to 18 for infertility and cracked eggs on 3rd day candle. Today is 7th day and candled got down to 14 (4 porous eggs i left in first candle cuz hard to see) got strong candle today and went down to 14 eggs developing. This were old eggs my dad found in a hidden nest, so I don't know if they were infertile or just old eggs. Going to set another 10 eggs tomorrow, I was hoping a dozen but I guess my 3 girls took a break today and collected none today.

Here we go again....
1f60d.png
...I set 24 eggs on the 17th, got down to 18 for infertility and cracked eggs on 3rd day candle. Today is 7th day and candled got down to 14 (4 porous eggs i left in first candle cuz hard to see) got strong candle today and went down to 14 eggs developing. This were old eggs my dad found in a hidden nest, so I don't know if they were infertile or just old eggs. Going to set another 10 eggs tomorrow, I was hoping a dozen but I guess my 3 girls took a break today and collected none today.

Woohoo!!!

2 out of my 3 hatched. The last one died in its shell. I eggtopsied it and found it upside down in the egg. Its head was in the small end of the egg away from the air cell
1f622.png

Hawk, so sorry for your loss. That's the hardest part of incubating eggs.

I've put my hatch in lock-down, day 19 today. At the final candling, all but one looked good. The one shipped self-blue Silkie egg that had a jiggly air cell had died sometime between the 2nd and third candling; perfectly formed little chick.

So, I still have seven of the self-blue eggs and four of my Silkie, Snowball's eggs in lock-down, as well as eight large fowl eggs from my flock.

I woke up to one of my little golf ball looking eggs that i thought was behind hatched out ill post pics soon the other small one like it has done started busting its shell im so excited yall!!

Back
Top Bottom