2017 Groundhog Day Hatch-a-long!

Feeling a bit late in joining lol. One of my americaunas is sitting on a nest of four (1 americauna, 1 blackrock, 1plymouth rock, and one barred red) never had a brooding hen yet and hope the eggs are all good. If all goes well I should have some new chicks by the 19 any advice?

Last edited:
My comment is that broodies are so much easier than incubators! My broody hatched 4/5 eggs last Monday... My only guess as to why the 5th egg didn't hatch was because I kept messing with them! Lol All 4 of her chicks are doing great... Here they are looking for worms yesterday...

Feeling a bit late in joining lol. One of my americaunas is sitting on a nest of four (1 americauna, 1 blackrock, 1plymouth rock, and one barred red) never had a brooding hen yet and hope the eggs are all good. If all goes well I should have some new chicks by the 19 any advice?

yayyyy!! Congrats!! Hoping all goes well how in the world do you know if its internally piped?

When you candle it, if you can see the break up in the air cell or hear peeping, that's how you know if it's internally pipped :)

At least 3 turkey eggs are pipped now and I heard peeping :) One has a nice big hole so far.

When you candle it, if you can see the break up in the air cell or hear peeping, that's how you know if it's internally pipped :)

At least 3 turkey eggs are pipped now and I heard peeping :) One has a nice big hole so far.
thank you! I feel crazy now haha! Good luck on the turkeys!

Back
Top Bottom