Announcement 2020 Update: Political and Politically Charged Content Not Allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
??? You DO know that this IS his thread on the subject, IN the feedback forum? :p

First I am being banished from kikis threads, now public threads.... Next you will try to banish me from my own threads! My word! :lau
@Kiki (i think this post may be particularly interesting or otherwise make you lose bodily functions) 🤣🤣🤣
no worries....i will retreat to a PFM private convo and other threads as I’m DONE ( yes DONE is a D-word) with your ABUSE!!! (besides i have much more interesting “stuff” to do)

14 pages of drivel.

I know for a fact that if I started a ‘heterosexual chicken owners’, ‘white lives matter too’ or some ‘unacceptable’ topic vs their polar opposite, I’d be ostracized and most likely booted.

I personally don’t care what your views are. Sex, religion, orientation, civic views. Don’t make a lick of difference to me.

I have found that people who only interact with like minded individuals have a tendency to think LIKE MINDED. Have a respect for someones position. Don’t be foolish enough to know you’re absolutely right. There are no absolutes.

Respect people. Their values make them who they are. Just because they don’t align with your values, doesn’t mean you cannot interact RESPECTFULLY. Hell, when it’s all said and done, you may just learn something.

In respect to the BYC house, no politics is no problem here. Small mindedness has a habit of blowing out of proportion the smallest of things. Pretty soon the lack of respect becomes toxic. I cannot say I wouldn’t do the same.

I came here for chickens. Found out @Kiki is practically omnipresent (everywhere, all the time) and have had positive interactions with people that flag views that are polar opposites of mine.

I love you all for the imperfect people you are.

Last edited:
14 pages of drivel.

I know for a fact that if I started a ‘heterosexual chicken owners’, ‘white lives matter too’ or some ‘unacceptable’ topic vs their polar opposite, I’d be ostracized and most likely booted.

I personally don’t care what your views are. Sex, religion, orientation, civic views. Don’t make a lick of difference to me.

I have found that people who only interact with like minded individuals have a tendency to think LIKE MINDED. Have a respect for someones position. Don’t be foolish enough to know you’re absolutely right. There are no absolutes.

Respect people. Their values make them who they are. Just because they don’t align with your values, doesn’t mean you cannot interact RESPECTFULLY. Hell, when it’s all said and done, you may just learn something.

In respect to the BYC house, no politics is no problem here. Small mindedness has a habit of blowing out of proportion the smallest of things. Pretty soon the lack of respect becomes toxic. I cannot say I wouldn’t do the same.

I came here for chickens. Found out @Kiki is practically omniscient (everywhere, all the time) and have had positive interactions with people that flag views that are polar opposites of mine.

I agree, there's no two sides. I mean, false equivalency is a real thing and you can't make "opposite" threads. Obviously a christian thread is OK but an anti-christian thread would not even if I called it something nice. I think we'd be totally fine with a group targeting white people designed to lift up and encourage growth in white people. Have you seen "White Affinity" groups? They're REALLY cool IMO! And they're focused on being for and about white people focused on an issue that white people struggle with in a white space.

Unfortunately anti-groups are ALWAYS about bringing people down for things outside their control, and the two sorts of groups you've mentioned have historically been "anti" groups. Those groups are literally built on disrespect for others. That's why they'd be banned. Respect is super important. That's why I hope the moderators will allow diverse sorts of groups to make posts to uplift their groups despite this ruling.

So this is more like "if we have a christian thread, a "trump 2020" thread that talks about a rooster, etc, can we also have other threads of other faiths still or can I name a roo 'biden' and make a thread about him like the trump thread did? Or will this new rule stop that because they get flagged."

Now can someone please explain why eggs go in the incubator pointy end down???

Yeah, the air cell is on the fat end. :p If you flip it pointy end up it can become dislodged, but also it is the most likely entrance point/breeding point for bacteria and brings it closest to the egg yolk which is a perfect breeding ground for bacteria. So it's all because of the air cell.

14 pages of drivel.

I came here for chickens. Found out @Kiki is practically omnipresent (everywhere, all the time) and have had positive interactions with people that flag views that are polar opposites of mine.

:goodpost:
for some reason i think i like you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom