3 free healthy hens - Chicagoland area

AuntAgnes

Hatching
Mar 15, 2021
Hi all,
My wife and I need to re-home our 3 beautiful hens due to family circumstances. They were hatched in February 2021 and are regular layers and fairly polite birds. The two different breeds are:

Golden Laced Wyandotte (2)
Mystic Moran

The Mystic Moran - whose name is Marilla - is pretty much the boss chicken. She needed peerless peepers installed in the winter because she was prone to boredom and took it out on the other two. But the peepers and regularly hanging some cabbage solved the problem.

All three live in an appropriately sized coop and are used to free ranging in an enclosed fenced area that is about 25’ x 10’ (they would of course agree to more space to range in).

One hen - Helena - can not see out of one eye due to getting pecked there accidentally by one of her hatchling mates when they were 2 weeks old. She holds her own just fine (and is easily the smartest one).

If you live in the Chicagoland-area and want to add to your flock or start a new one, we will hand these over for free. Will need to see pics of your coop set-up and talk on the phone first before a visit. I want to make sure they are going to responsible owners

Attachments

• E70BD745-0C52-4D53-A4C9-55A01538F1B9.jpeg
    E70BD745-0C52-4D53-A4C9-55A01538F1B9.jpeg
    717.8 KB · Views: 11
I can adopt one of the Wyondottes. :frow Not set up at this time to handle all 3. I just adopted 4 banties few weeks ago.
Cant deal with an aggressive chicken,, since I have my banties.
Here is a link to my post showing my banties daytime secure run.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/illinois.37/post-26083354

I have been keeping chickens over 20 years now,, and my oldest hen is over 10 years old now. She is slowing down some,, (but will live until decides her journey to the Rainbow Bridge on her own) so the Wyondotte would be her replacement.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,and:welcome

Hi all,
My wife and I need to re-home our 3 beautiful hens due to family circumstances. They were hatched in February 2021 and are regular layers and fairly polite birds. The two different breeds are:

Golden Laced Wyandotte (2)
Mystic Moran

The Mystic Moran - whose name is Marilla - is pretty much the boss chicken. She needed peerless peepers installed in the winter because she was prone to boredom and took it out on the other two. But the peepers and regularly hanging some cabbage solved the problem.

All three live in an appropriately sized coop and are used to free ranging in an enclosed fenced area that is about 25’ x 10’ (they would of course agree to more space to range in).

One hen - Helena - can not see out of one eye due to getting pecked there accidentally by one of her hatchling mates when they were 2 weeks old. She holds her own just fine (and is easily the smartest one).

If you live in the Chicagoland-area and want to add to your flock or start a new one, we will hand these over for free. Will need to see pics of your coop set-up and talk on the phone first before a visit. I want to make sure they are going to responsible owners

Let me know if you are still looking for a home for your girls. I have a very good Roo protector of my few girls and two ducks. Their house is 8x8 and they free range during the day in the old orchard, whish is fenced in. Always locked up for the night. I am in the Joliet area.

Back
Top Bottom