3 yo Frennie needs help

How did her crop feel this am before anything to eat/drink? Has it emptied or is it still full and doughy or puffy soft? Can you try giving some of the chilled coconut oil cut into pieces, and then maybe start the Monistat cream orally if it is still not emptying? She does seem to be pretty inactive and possibly pecking at her crop a bit. Keep us posted on how she is doing.

How did her crop feel this am before anything to eat/drink? Has it emptied or is it still full and doughy or puffy soft? Can you try giving some of the chilled coconut oil cut into pieces, and then maybe start the Monistat cream orally if it is still not emptying? She does seem to be pretty inactive and possibly pecking at her crop a bit. Keep us posted on how she is doing.
this morning was soft and squishy. MAYBE 20% of full size. I have yet to see her eat but they are free range.
I dont have any coconut oil atm but i can get some. I also just got in some nutridrench thinking that might help- what do you think about adding that too?

NutriDrench is fine to use for a few days, but no longer than that or she could get diarrhea. Dosage is 1 ml per every 3 pounds of weight daily. The Monistat (miconazole) can help if the crop is getting sour.

Last edited:
This evening she's scratching and eating more:clap Also more active. I gave her some fresh watermelon with some Poultry Booster too.
On the Valbazen article I didn't notice anything about consuming eggs or not. Any advice there?
I'm thinking I'll hold off on the monistat for now? Only cause she's on do much other stuff idk.

Glad to hear that Frennie is doing much better. There is a 14 day egg withdrawal with Valbazen. Some people ignore the fact that there is a small amount of residue in the eggs, and that is up to you. Albendazole the generic Valbazen is also used in people for roundworms, and they may take it for weeks. I’m not a fan of eating eggs with possible medicines, so I don’t eat them.

Back
Top Bottom