3rd Annual Rocky Mountain Chickenstock May 3rd, 2014

I have a year old black tailed buff maran rooster I am looking to rehome. He is sweet. He is the roo in my profile pic. Can bring him with me to chickenstock if anyone is interested in him. Thanks

we are going. super excited as this is our first time. we will have sme chicks most likely, sbel's, australorp, icelandic and olive eggers? or blue wheaten I dunno got them from shawn =o) I can only keep a couple of what i've got in my bator.

my kids want to show our blue laced red wyandotte so i guess roxy is going to go too?!?

she has gone broody and wn't let the kids collect eggs, she was sitting on a clutch of 7 eggs this am. silly girl

Mamahumecky, you can break her broodiness by putting her in a cage with a wire bottom for 3 days, just put food and water in their with her. That is how I broke my bantam blue laced red Bella's broodiness.

if she doesn't quit then i'll try that. i went and collected eggs this late morning afternoon she wasn't on the nest so i gathered them all up. i'm just trying to figure out how she got a clutch of 7 in a day and a half at most and there are only three girls out there....

My 2 that are broody still will either get out of the nesting boxes or get bullied out and then go back in after the other hens are done laying eggs. Sometimes I have a heck of a time getting the eggs collected from them, they sure can protect their preferred nesting boxes. Silly chickens.

Looking for a Turken? Just need one, my husband really wants to get one. I have heard they lay very well and stay consistent through the winter. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Update on the babies i will be bringing up for chicken stock there doing well and enjoying there first day of Sun

Back
Top Bottom