4-5 day old kitten *PICS

She's still so cute! You're gonna want to deworm her when you can. I think it's 4 weeks is the earliest you can do it, but check with your local vet first. Some vet clincs may vary on age. The one I work at start deworming kittens no earlier than 4 weeks of age.

I don't know if it's just the position she's in, but it looks like she has a distended belly.

She's still so precious! Have you thought of names for her?

Okay! I'll look into that, so were thinking she's just over a week old. Can kittens be born with worms? Thanks on the advice! Her/his name is Bean!

And prepare for the sweetest cat you will ever own. Bottle babies are a breed apart. :)

Sooo true. They cling to you their entire lives. I bottle raised 10 kittens (1 litter of 6 were 3 weeks old, the other litter of 4 were 10 days old) at the same time too! We kept 5, and they are so nice. They come when called, and as soon as you sit down, they are on your lap. The other cats we found homes for and all their owners say they are the sweetest things you will ever meet.

I don't know if it is just my cat's personalities, or most bottle babies, but mine let my 3 year old cousin pick them up and carry them around like a baby. She put them in strollers, and dresses them up. I had my 10 month old cousin grab on and would not let go. Normally, a cat would throw out their claws and dig to get away. The guys tried to squeeze out, but never once took out their claws. The mother (my 1st cousin) was in complete shock how nice the cat were.

This is My little cousin Sophie, with one of the boys (Teddy). She was a little over 2 years old at this time. He will sit with her for an entire episode of Dora, no matter how she pets of holds him.

And this is when I walk the dogs. These are the five bottle babies, going on the walk with us. I walk the dogs 3-4 times a day, and whoever is outside at the time comes for the walk (these guys are indoor/outdoor)

Lately, I have been kind of paranoid about fluids in her lungs, and the other day I think she aspirated, and had milk coming from her nose. She sneezes it out and I wipe it, and it's not a lot. I'm going to get a new bottle, because maybe the hole was too big, and the formula flows too quickly. Also, when can I treat her for worms (just in case :) ) thanks!

Lately, I have been kind of paranoid about fluids in her lungs, and the other day I think she aspirated, and had milk coming from her nose. She sneezes it out and I wipe it, and it's not a lot. I'm going to get a new bottle, because maybe the hole was too big, and the formula flows too quickly. Also, when can I treat her for worms (just in case
smile.png
) thanks!
You may want to talk with a local vet. Vet's can vary on what age they worm. We worm kittens at 4 weeks, while others may wait till 6 or 8 weeks.

Aw she is such a sweetie! I am having my first bottle baby experience too. I am just a couple weeks ahead of you. Samson was wormed at about 5 weeks. We get to go back and get the second wormer sometime this week. Just wait until she starts to play! Most adorable thing on the planet
love.gif

Hey!!! I just did this last year!

Bottles didn't work on my girl, I used a syringe otherwise she would aspirate. I had to take mine to the vet...she had a cold that got worse as she got healthier. Took her to the vet and they gave some drops to treat it. I was lucky and had chicks in a brooder. Plopped her in with some blankets. And she was happy as a clam with her "littermate" chicks!

You'd never know she was a bottle baby, other than her being a bit smaller!

okay, this week I'm going to try to fit her in at the vets, she's 3 weeks and 2 days today. I know she really needs a new kitten to socialize with, but I just don't have time at the moment. I have a VERY sweet and friendly male cat, hes a sweetheart and very docile, so I brought him in the room just to see what would happen. He just walked around while the kitten followed him. He doesn't "meow" but in a very high tone, ewwws
roll.png
haha, but whenever he ewwwed, the kitten would squeal after him. After a while he seemed to get annoyed, so I took him out of the room. We took her on a car ride, 3 hours away because we were going on vacation for a week and she needed to be fed every 3hrs, and I didn't want to put all the pressure on a friend. She did fine on the car ride while the kids held her and slept a lot (which was good). She's almost fully walking, and when happy "prances" if you know what I mean haha. Today for the first time she hissed and arched
hide.gif
. it took her a few seconds to realize it was me, and came squealing over, can I do anything to prevent that again?? Thanks for your stories and replies!!

Back
Top Bottom