5 week old gosling with hard crop

Could he be a half breed? Chinese mixed with something else? He does talk diferently than the others. And yes, he does have a little tuft on his head. It's cute. Lol

Last edited:
The roman tufted are really cute. But I don't have the land to support different types of geese, and I wanted Chinese because they are reported to bond to their owners. This is a desirable trait with children, I don't want my kids hurt by an aggressive gander. I thought if I buy friendly geese really young they would bond to us and be less dangerous. Not sure if it works that way, but here's hoping.

The band is lose, but it will not fit when he is full grown. That band was the size recommended for geese and it is going to be too small. I want to band my original pairs as I'd like to hatch gosling from them, and I'd like to keep track of the separate pairs. I put the bands on the 2 largest gosling to see how much room they had to grow, the answer is none. I will have to take them off in a few days. The photo you are looking at was taken today during their yard time. I take them out 2 times a day for about an hour to graze and take baths. They live in the same enclosure as the chickens for now. I wanted them to be raised together because I have heard of geese attacks chickens. I also made the noob mistake of buying the birds before I built the pen. Now I'm doing modifications and planning to enlarge it. Stupid me.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom