6 Aussie puppys doing good, Bandit is now forsale!!

It's not a trait that's present to begin with in most breeds. You can't breed for a trait that isn't there.

Tail docking is no worse than castration. In the case of females, tail docking is a LOT less traumatic.

but if there are aussies out there that are tailless then should'nt they work on bring that trait out more I am not trying to sound rude so please don't take it that way

Quote:
Natural length of the tail would not be high on any priority list of traits.

Confirmation, disposition, intelligence-those are things people breed for. Not tail length when a single snip and a stitch or two can fix it.

Quote:
Agreed, basically it would be breeding to decrease the length of their spine, that could become really dangerous.
Look at manx cats, many of them are born unable to control their bowels, unable to walk or simply have lifelong GI/urinary issues because the length of their spine has been altered (purposely or not).

Quote:
I also have an aussie that was born with the natural stub tail its about 2 inches long. I personally like the looks of the docked tail, Thats just me.

I can't believe how fast these lil boogers are growing. Goin to have to get more pic's in a day or two..

Heres some pic's of my female that just had the pups with a docked tail, and our other male ozzy with a natural tail. Not the best pic's but it shows the difference

21968_l_37e4bec229c812104d0a063e74f439f3.jpg

21968_l_72d858d1f6bfdfdaa61dafe08debf85b.jpg

21968_l_b07c12c22619277098b40e676ce5d357.jpg

Back
Top Bottom