6 Aussie puppys doing good, Bandit is now forsale!!

Your pups are adorable! I just saw your post and don't know if someone has addressed it yet, but as bad as it may sound to some, inbreeding in dogs is how you get desired traits. I breed and show chihuahuas and my male is very linebred (which is the same thing as inbreeding, just goes by a different name) and he has all the desired traits for my breed. As a result of his breeding, he passes on his genes to his offspring, and he has produce several champions. I have a current litter that is 14 weeks right now, and with the linebreeding you don't know if you are going to double up on the good or bad genes. Out of this litter I have two puppies that are show hopefulls and will be starting their show careers soon, and one pup must have gotten a double shot of the bad genes and he has a longer nose, shorter skull, and his eyes aren't as round as I would like. He is going to his new home Sat on a neuter contract. But basically what I'm saying is no, there is nothing wrong with inbreeding in dogs as long as it isn't mother to son, ect. One more link out is fine. Yes, breeding merle to merle is bad (there is a huge debate going on with the merle chihuahua right now so I am very educated on this subject) but make sure you get the pups eyes and ears tested. It the pup is mostly white, and has white covering their ears most likely they will be deaf.

I love puppies!
love.gif

They look very happy and healthy.

Quote:
Yeah I'm more educated on the line breeding now, I honestly thought the girl I got my male from was crazy (she also breeds merles to merles on purpose) but anyhows when I got him and told her that my females Sire was his great Grandfather she said "OH Thats great you can get some real good puppies from them" But now I know..LOL I have good hopes for my male puppy that has more white his ears are merle and a lil bit around them.. However the female has no color what so ever until her mid back..
sad.png

I just love that little mostly white male! If I could have another dog right now I'd have to have you package him up and ship him to me!!

I hope they all have atleast their sight, if I had to lose one thing it would be the hearing, my biggest fear would be for deaf AND blind! I could handle one or the other.

It's actually a myth that they would get more merles w/ merle x merle breeding, and I see no reason it should be done! Statistically it's the same, w/ merle to solid breeding statistically it would be 50% merle and 50% solid. W/ merle to merle statistically you would get 50% merle, 25% solid and 25% double merle.

Now of course there ware always exceptions, you could have a litter w/ 10 pups all normal! Then you can repeat the breeding and end up w/ all double merles! You just never know and I don't see it being worth the risk! My dane is out of a merle to merle (harl to harl) breeding and 4 out of 6 were double merle!!

Quote:
I hope they turn out ok, At least with their sight and partial hearing.. I'm going to make sure they go to good homes. I want to make sure they are takin care of. I just feel horrible it happened and I'm even in this situation but I'm goin to make the best of it..

Sounds like you are doing just what you need to! Good luck, I can't wait to see crawling around pics!

I hope to get some new pic's this evening.. They are growin like lil weeds.. I keep them now in the kitchen floor on a blanket with their mommy, needless to say we're washin blankets daily. Mommy is starting to take more and more breaks from them and they don't seem to mind as bad. I cant wait until their eyes open, Im anxious to see if they have their daddys pretty blue eyes, as well as being scared of what I might find with the 2 that may be double merles. I'm having more and more hope for those 2 the older they get the more merle they are getting on their faces, both now have merle on their ears..
fl.gif
Thought I would leave an update and let ya'll know more pic's are comeing..
big_smile.png

They are gorgeous. I just got my Great Pyrenees puppy and my brother is thinking about getting a Aussie to be with her. I think she's fine. Chickens will keep her company. LOL. But your pups are so cute. Are you keeping one, if so I vote for the black tricolor!

Back
Top Bottom