6 Aussie puppys doing good, Bandit is now forsale!!

Well the fun is about to begin.. The lil ones are starting to walk around everywhere, well stumbling around and most have their eyes open now..
big_smile.png

Well I've got good news and possible bad news. The Female puppy has one eye opened and so far it looks normal.. however the other eye we're not so sure about. She hasn't opened it up or that I've seen, I pulled back on her lid today and I dont see an eye ball
sad.png
I'm hoping I'm wrong but idk. My Dad was looking at them today and he said he could almost swear he seen her with both eyes open. Let hope!! I had better hopes for her than I did the male. He however has both eyes open. Ugh! I was hoping for the best for these two. Lets pray for at least partial hearing and sight at least!!

I hope her other eye opens up ok, my double merle's sister didn't open her eyes w/ the others, and she turned out to be blind. But in her case it was both eyes. As long as your girls one eye turns out good I think she'll be able to adjust! Keep us posted!

Well I've just really set down and thought about all this. I'm blessed to have as many healthy puppies as I do. The Lil girls one eye seems to look normal. the pupil is good and round no star burst or anything like that. So It looks promising that she will have sight in that eye. Also the ear on the same side as the good eye has alot of merle coloring around it and on it. So I'm hoping that its a sign she'll have hearing in at least that one ear. Partial Hearing and sight is alot better fate than some puppies from these "disasterous breedings". I guess now I need to focus on finding her a good loving home, with someone who understands her handicaps and isn't just goin to tie her out back and forget about her. I'm starting to get attached to her big time, however I already have 4 Aussies.

So far I cant tell that anything is wrong with the lil male. Both eyes look normal, however nows not a good time to be wondering about hearing, since their ears are just starting to open. The older they get I'll have to start taking them away from the rest and testing their hearing and sight a lil better.

Last edited:
Ok heres the latest pic's 3 weeks old today..
big_smile.png

Flynn
21968_dsc_0961.jpg

21968_dsc_0967.jpg

BO
21968_dsc_0964.jpg

21968_dsc_0966.jpg

21968_dsc_0975.jpg

Red Female..
21968_dsc_0978.jpg

21968_dsc_0979.jpg

Tri male
21968_dsc_0963.jpg

Double Merle Female "raven" (the one missin an eye)
21968_dsc_0982.jpg

sad.png

21968_dsc_0983.jpg

Henry The Double Merle Male
21968_dsc_0974.jpg

Bo and Henry
21968_dsc_0977.jpg

Mommyand a few babies
21968_dsc_0981.jpg

Wow what cute pups. I have always loved Aussies, but i have a small child and I'm always worried about the herding and nipping of the herding breeds such as aussies. The red one with the blue eyes is gorgeous! Red, red merles and blue merles are my favorite! Good luck with the double merles.

Quote:
It's been my experience that the "nippers" tend to be cattle dogs (Queensland Heelers). My Aussie crosses have tended more towards "directing", but never nipping or biting.

Back
Top Bottom