6 Aussie puppys doing good, Bandit is now forsale!!

I think I am in love with Bo
big_smile.png

I didn't know much about Aussie's genetically speaking till I started reading this thread. We had what I guess you would call a double merle female (mostly white) growing up. We got her from a friend of my mom. She bred and this was back in 77 to 80 or so. She was deaf and her eyes were kinda starbursts. She did just fine with us. If I were in the position to raise another one I would. Surprise is my favorite of your litter.

Quote:
so far I've been suprised at how my Aussie's act around children. I've never had them to nip or anything, also my most hyper who you constantly have to fuss at to keep him from aggrivating you, will lay down and let a kid love all over him with out being pushy. So with my experience they are GREAT with kids.

Quote:
I'm hopeing both my Doubles will end up living happy healthy normal lives with great owners. There are pleanty of dogs that have had vision and hearing problems and lived normal lives like yours, So I have good outlooks for these two. So far I've had a couple of people interested in giving "Raven"( the one thats missing the eye) a good home.

Last edited:
As and update on the Double merles, I'm pretty sure the lil girl can see out of her one eye, and also hear at least a little..I was pecking on the box yesterday and she wasn't looking at me, she jumped when I hit on it.. so I'm hopeing that means she can hear..
fl.gif

The little boy has beautiful blue eyes and he reacts to light, and they look normal so I'm hopeing he has full sight.. as far as hearing I cant tell anything yet.

They may be alittle young yet, but what I would try is taking each pup into a room by themselves and do some testing! You can turn the TV up all the way and mute it, bring the pup in an unmute it and see if you get a reaction. The vaccum may also be a good test. I think these test may be even better if the pups are asleep.

They can be good at fooling you especially when they are w/ their litter mates, they learn fairly quickly to watch for their reactions to know what is going on.

you also have to take into account vibrations. they may seem like they can hear, like a vacuum or stereo, but those make vibration also, they may only be reacting to that. The snapping is good, or some other thing that makes noise without the vibrating of the floor etc.

Try a butterknife tapping a pot or pan lid at close range when the puppy is asleep. I agree, tapping on the box they are sleeping in would conduct quite a bit of vibration.

oh my goodness Chickenfield, where are you in southwest Virginia?? I am from Blacksburg:) I am currently in vet school and planning on getting an Aussie puppy one day.

Back
Top Bottom