6 Aussie puppys doing good, Bandit is now forsale!!

Quote:
I am down near the TN border so not too far. I live about 10 mins out of abingdon. Its about 2hrs or a lil over to blacksburg from me..

Oh my goodness you are south southwest Virginia
smile.png
Your puppies are absolutely beautiful and the parents are gorgeous.

One of the tests that veterinarians do for eyesight is to toss a cotton ball in the air to see if the puppy's eyes follow it. Have someone in your family toss the cotton ball around while you watch for the eye movement. When you take the puppies in for their first vaccinations, the vet can check for eyesight and perform a BAER test to diagnose degree of hearing loss. Until then, try different noise stimuli like a cell phone or snapping your fingers to see if you can get a reaction.

I sent my better half some pictures of the puppies and he absolutely melted.

Quote:
I am down near the TN border so not too far. I live about 10 mins out of abingdon. Its about 2hrs or a lil over to blacksburg from me..

Oh my goodness you are south southwest Virginia
smile.png
Your puppies are absolutely beautiful and the parents are gorgeous.

One of the tests that veterinarians do for eyesight is to toss a cotton ball in the air to see if the puppy's eyes follow it. Have someone in your family toss the cotton ball around while you watch for the eye movement. When you take the puppies in for their first vaccinations, the vet can check for eyesight and perform a BAER test to diagnose degree of hearing loss. Until then, try different noise stimuli like a cell phone or snapping your fingers to see if you can get a reaction.

I sent my better half some pictures of the puppies and he absolutely melted.

Thanks for the info!! I'll try that.. I'll also get them checked when I get their first shots..

Your doing what I should have did. I regret not goin to VT to Vet school..I'd love to be a large animal vet. Oh well too far in debt right now..We had to take a horse up their a lil over a year ago.. her colon had twisted..

Last edited:
I guess I should stay away from this thread, now that our schnauzer puppies are all gone, I'm missing them! I love that little double merle boy, can't let myself get tempted!

Last edited:
Adorable babies! I hope the 2 double merles come out ok. They look so sweet! They Deserve good lifes with a loving family blind or deaf so I hope you can find them really good loving homes. I always get stuck with any animal with disabiltes I find myself drawn to them guess its the Mother in me..LOL I wanna care and pamper everything in sight.

Honestly, deaf is not that big of a deal.We adopted an older beagle a while back that had several medical issues including being deaf. As long as eye contact can be made, she understands commands.I also fostered a deaf dog recently, again no problems. I have never had a blind dog, but am sure once a routine is established, life probably can be pretty normal. I'll bet your 2 will have very happy lives : )

HEY! Heres the pic's as promised..

Mr. FLYNN, hes the trouble maker of the bunch always barking and growling, can't stand to let the others sleep he's got to pounce on them all and wake them up, hes rotten!!! {{SOLD}}

21968_dsc_0989.jpg

21968_dsc_0988.jpg

21968_dsc_0987.jpg

Mrs Penny. Shes the shy one of the bunch reminds me of her mom, we hardley ever hear her wine or anything, she's such a sweetheart.. She's still avaliable

21968_dsc_0992.jpg

21968_dsc_0991.jpg

21968_dsc_0990.jpg

Mr Bandit
He's the pretty boy of the bunch..My husband has fell in love.. I have to tell him daily we're not keeping any.. He's also still avaliable

21968_dsc_0997.jpg

21968_dsc_0996.jpg

21968_dsc_0995.jpg

Mr BO
He's the Hoss of the bunch.. the lil pig. He loves chewin on everyone. Reminds me of his daddy so much... He's {{{SOLD}}}

21968_dsc_1002.jpg

21968_dsc_1001.jpg

21968_dsc_0999.jpg

Mr. Henry
He's the male Double merle. His pupils seem to look normal goin to have beautiful blue eyes, I'm not sure on his hearing yet. He's the mouth of the bunch.. he's also still avaliable, but needing to find out for sure on his hearing and sight

21968_dsc_1004.jpg

21968_dsc_1005.jpg

21968_dsc_1007.jpg

Miss Raven
The female Double merle
She's got my heart.. She's a doll. Missing the one eye, she also has a droped pupil in the good eye, however she can see out of it, she also has some hearing I'm not sure yet how much but she can see and hear which is great.. She's looking for a good adopted home, where she'll be spoiled rotten

21968_dsc_1009.jpg

21968_dsc_1011.jpg

21968_dsc_1010.jpg

Back
Top Bottom