6 Aussie puppys doing good, Bandit is now forsale!!

Well the lil darlings time in the house has expired...We moved them out Yesterday to our horse tralier with shavings and a doghouse until i can get my kennel put together, its been so nasty and rainy here I wouldn't of wanted them out in the kennel yet anyways, they would have floated away, But they are getting too big for the box in the kitchen, Their getting puppy chow twice a day and we're pretty much having to make "Dixie" go in to feed them. I feel like she's goin to have them weaned soon..They are FAT lil piglets now! They are now wanting attention from us and have decided to sleep all day and play,bark, growl, and howl all night.. now you know why they are going outside..ha ha.. Its hard to believe they will be 5 weeks old Monday...

as and Update on the Double merles.........

The Lil female.. although shes missing the eye she has vision in the other and has hearing. She's rotten..

The male I'm unsure of on hearing and sight, his eyes look normal. Some days I get good responses when trying things to test his hearing and others I dont, So I'm unsure. However I'll continue to work with him and have them both looked over when they get their shots to get a vets opinion on their sight and hearing.

Are there any critters you don't have?
big_smile.png

We raised Aussies for years. Haven't lately, my 16+ yr old male died and I haven't had the heart to replace him.

We had a double merle puppy once. The vet swore he was fine, just more prone to juvenile blindness? I gave him away- with the cert from the vet -- while his siblings sold for a hundred each. He really was a fantastic looking pup, so hated to put him down. I just didn't have teh heart. The woman that took him came back two weeks later and blasted me because the pup was blind. I was speechless. Free dog. Warning. Paid vet papers. I still got yelled at. I wish you better luck.

Looking at the pics makes me long for more. They are beautiful -- even the double merles!

BTW -- 21 of 24 of the shipped eggs are going strong on day 16, I am anxious for the hatch next week!

My 13 year old Dalmatian was the product of sister/brother littermates breeding (A neighbor had them- I played no part in THAT however I adopted one of the pups) not very bright, but he knew lots of tricks!
lol.png

27552_otis.jpg

e

I don't support breeding. But since the pups are here enjoy them and good luck finding them the BEST of homes- be picky when rehoming them! You can put it in the contract that they will need to be neutered by a certain date- or you can have them neutered soon (you do not have to wait until 6 months of age) and just incorporate it into their adoption fee!
wink.png
But thats just me....

Quote:
Great on the eggs!!!! let me know how they do...
I'd say theres not too many critters I haven't had...LOL
That lady shouldn't of taken it out on you, she should have know it was a possibility anyhows..Sounded like she wanted a pure bred dog for free, not a family pet....I plan to make sure who ever takes my two understand the possibilty of having the sight and hearing problems, I'd like them to go to homes where they will be spoiled rotten!!!

Quote:
He's gorgeous!!! I hope all mine go to great loving homes, but I'm taking extra care on finding good homes for the 2 double merles. I want someone thats going to take the extra time with them that they might need and also spoil them rotten, I hate the thougths of thinking once the newness wears off they'll be tied outback and forgotten about

I know...no life for a dog---especially a 'working dog'.

Good luck- I would do home visits! I have rescued and rehomed dogs and I ALWAYS ALWAYS do the home visits...some peopel 'seem' nice in person but its best to KNOW for sure where the dog will be living and under what circumstances. I have had to turn people down- but its all for the best of the dog. They will be the ones living forever in the new home...

smile.png

e

Quote:
The eye lid is still closed on the one she's missing, she seems to have a dropped pupil in her eye, but seems to see pretty good, Her hearing also seems good.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom