6th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2015 Hatch-A-Long

If the US Army issued eggs yours would be the haplotype, I'm betting! Olive drab for sure. Still, it is green enough to go well with ham. So, you might call it a Dr. Suess egg… Sorry about your losses; predation? I missed that part of the communication. What did you mean by the expression, Dino-birds? I thought all birds, per se are nothing but modified dinosaurs; witness their scaly legs and myriad of guttural sounds. Recently the rock diggers found dinosaurs with solid indications of feathers. That about closes the case doesn't it?
Fun stuff, eh?
Neal, the Zooman

I know that I won't be able to get a pic of the egg. The nyd hatch is in with all the other flock. The six weeks old we put with it is still hanging around together. So cute to watch.the six week old one had a crook neck and didn't grow too well until it was put with the nyd hatch.

I broke my own rule and tried to get shipped eggs from the west coast again. If they come through Memphis they are doomed!
I remember @ronott1 that when you got your blue australorps there were broken eggs in the shipment. How did you clean the surviving eggs before you incubated them. I have a broken mess, but some did survive unbroken, just scrambled. I know I can't put this sticky mess in the incubator. HELP!

I broke my own rule and tried to get shipped eggs from the west coast again. If they come through Memphis they are doomed!
I remember @ronott1 that when you got your blue australorps there were broken eggs in the shipment. How did you clean the surviving eggs before you incubated them. I have a broken mess, but some did survive unbroken, just scrambled. I know I can't put this sticky mess in the incubator. HELP!
Mana pro egg cleaner has instructions for cleaning hatching eggs.

I did manage to get one good cockerel and three good pullets from the hatch. I processed two of the cockerels and sold a pullet.

Mana pro egg cleaner has instructions for cleaning hatching eggs.

I did manage to get one good cockerel and three good pullets from the hatch. I processed two of the cockerels and sold a pullet.

Thank you. Went to get some just now. So demoralizing to get well packaged eggs that look like someone stepped on them! I hope some hatch.

Thank you. Went to get some just now. So demoralizing to get well packaged eggs that look like someone stepped on them! I hope some hatch.
fl.gif
I hope they do too!

Back
Top Bottom