6th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2015 Hatch-A-Long

I am seriously going to DIE from WAITING! UGH!!!

I wrapped up 4 eggs out of the incubator and quickly took them out to my broody in the barn that has been pining for chicks for about 5 or 6 weeks now. She had a couple of eggs that were good that I traded her for the eggs from the incubator. I gave those 2 eggs she had to her neighbor broody friend (musical egg game). They are the sweetest gentle broody girls. If I can get this to work successfully she will be a happy, happy girl! And that will be less babies in our brooder, which would be another bonus. You can call me crazy for this nonsense, but that's my middle name, so.......

My humidity wasn't going higher than about 40% earlier today. I have water in the bottom and I added a sponge in a small container this evening. I'm hoping it will creep up as the evening goes by. Its at about 43% now.

I'm putting my bet on the bantam Lav Am/cochin mix egg to hatch first. Don't ask me why......
fl.gif
lau.gif

I am sure this will incure a HUGE fine
caf.gif

I could hear a healthy set of lungs singing away but the two pips I had didn't look big enough to let that much sound out. I know I'm not supposed to open the bator with pipped eggs but I'm glad I did. There was a silkie that pipped the small end on the underside of the egg. It was starting to zip and like I said it had a strong voice so I flipped it over and closed the bator. Hopefully all is well.
fl.gif

Was just checking on the baby eggs before bed....cause there is no way I could sleep if I didn't....and I heard CHEEPING!!!!!
jumpy.gif
. No sign of external pips so does this mean there is an internal one?? Sooo excited!!
wee.gif

Was just checking on the baby eggs before bed....cause there is no way I could sleep if I didn't....and I heard CHEEPING!!!!!
jumpy.gif
. No sign of external pips so does this mean there is an internal one?? Sooo excited!!
wee.gif

Yes! That is an internal pip when you hear cheeping. They do not breath until then so they do not cheep.

You will have chicks soon!

A lot of talking from my incubator right now, too. I wasn't sure at first, with the fan running and my old dog snoring, but now they are really getting going.

A lot of talking from my incubator right now, too. I wasn't sure at first, with the fan running and my old dog snoring, but now they are really getting going.

You should see pips by tomorrow and the hatching soon after!

Back
Top Bottom