6th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2015 Hatch-A-Long

Okay....going crazy here. All is quiet. I'm running back upstairs to listen to and smell my eggs....again.
1f615.png

fl.gif

You do not always hear them. Orpingtons and favorelles for example are very quiet and hatch slowly. Other breeds are much more vocal.

Okay....going crazy here. All is quiet. I'm running back upstairs to listen to and smell my eggs....again.
1f615.png

Smelling eggs........if only. I have pinky promised to not open the incubator any more unless there is an emergency. I didn't set mine until about 5:30 in the evening. So I may be reading a lot about other peoples hatches before anything starts up here. I hope to see lots of cute fuzz butt pictures.

Smelling eggs........if only.  I have pinky promised to not open the incubator any more unless there is an emergency.  I didn't set mine until about 5:30 in the evening.  So I may be reading a lot about other peoples hatches before anything starts up here.  I hope to see lots of cute fuzz butt pictures. 
I smell mine through the air holes. ;)

Hypothetically, of course.

There is a fine for smelling too!
duc.gif
th.gif
We can't do anything!

If you really have to get into the incubator, mist some clean warm water into the incubator. Do not get any pipping eggs wet though. Just a bit to get humidity back up.

:fl

You do not always hear them. Orpingtons and favorelles for example are very quiet and hatch slowly. Other breeds are much more vocal.

Good to know. Have only done duck eggs and only once...nervous nelly here.

I smell mine through the air holes. ;)

Hypothetically, of course.

Yes..just through the air hole..and any other opening without actually touching the lid. Lol

There is a fine for smelling too!

Edited to add...
Better start counting up the fines...$$$
1f62e.png
1f60a.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom