6th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2015 Hatch-A-Long

Guys, quick!! Is 68% pushing it for humidity? We just got home and the hatch exploded while we were gone.. Five out within a couple hours!! Torn on whether to vent some humidity with others pipped!?

Guys, quick!! Is 68% pushing it for humidity? We just got home and the hatch exploded while we were gone.. Five out within a couple hours!! Torn on whether to vent some humidity with others pipped!?

68% is fine!

It does not get real bad until it is at90% or so.

Recap of our hatch: We started with 13 eggs and two were clear early on so they got pulled. Out of the remaining 11 the one that got dented has not piped or zipped so I will give it a little longer. 7 have hatched and 3 others have pips so I will check on them a little later tonight. Gonna go ahead and post pictures of mamas and chicks that we have so far.

This pic and the one below shows the first chic to hatch. It is a Silkie mix. Came from a Silkie egg and has feathered feet but does not have 5 toes.

The light colored one in this picture and the one below is a Silkie.

I know this is an EE.

I love these pics! Great broody/chick pics. Congrats on the hatch!

:ya :celebrate :jumpy :ya all of my chicks hatched !!!!! AND I have a rainbow bunch a blue/silver one a black one a yellow one with a skunk stripe, a orangy yellow one and the last one a choclate yelly one!!  the last one hatched EXACTLY 21 days and 15 minutes after I set them on the 11th at 12:15

Whoop!! Congrats on the eggcellent hatch rate and the rainbow of chicks!!!

Back
Top Bottom