7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Send me a pm with your set number.

I set my eggs at high noon CST. They barely fit on one level. I'm just checking if I leave 'em...or if I stack 'em.
ep.gif

And outta the two dirty eggs...one has a HUGE crack in it. Actually it's not one crack but a crack and a branch off of it. I didn't get it wet, wet...I used a dampened paper towel with diluted bleach and wiped it VERY, VERY c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y. I used the quickest drying topcoat that I have for my nails (I LOVE nails too)
love.gif

And I'm gonna hope for the best. I'd be shocked if it develops!
ep.gif
I'll candle it after supper.

A couple of questions...am I anywhere close?

1) I need to pm the number of eggs I set today to you.
2) I need to guess the amount of eggs set by everyone by...the 14th if I want to enter the egg number contest. Is that anywhere close to correct?
bun.gif

Hello everyone, as promised I have taken pictures of my incubator set-up for the 2016 Hatch Along. As you can see in the pics, I have set my eggs for the hatch. The incubator set-up consists of a Hova-Bator incubator which I have modified with a large viewing window and a 12 Volt incukit from Incubator Warehouse. I also use a automatic Humidity control system from the same supplier. Before setting the eggs, I weigh each egg and record the weight. By doing so I am able to check for the 11-13% weight loss at day 18 and know if the humidity level was correct. I set the humidity at 55-65% with a temp of 99.9 degrees for the first 18 days and will lower the temp to 99.5 the last 3 days. I will also be raising the humidity up to a level of 75-85% while the chicks get into position during those last 3 days. I will post pics of candling the eggs on the seventh day with info about the pics. I wish everyone a successful and rewarding New Years Hatch.
P.S. Pilgrim the Thanksgiving Bird is doing great and just about ready for her first flight. Thank You for reading and your replies. Sincerely, Jeffrey Williams

Well done! That's the same thermostat/heater that came on my IncuView. I had a good hatch on my first attempt with the IV... 15 out of 18. Unlike the IncuView, the styrofoam Hova case will have much better insulation properties, so I'm very anxious to see the end results of your upgrade. For future purposes, I plan to use an IncuKit Advanced unit and build a larger incubator. I think your bator will simulate what I hope to build early next year. Keep us posted!!!
big_smile.png

Well, my second project pen did not start laying yet.
tongue.gif
So, do I set some more eggs from my first project pen or set some eggs from my mixed lines Isbar pen, or do I just leave it with the Svarthöna eggs that I set yesterday. Decisions, decisions...
idunno.gif

I know, this is like asking a room full of kids if they want candy or vegetables for dinner!
lol.png

It is great that you have a backup for the hatch a long!

I hope the project pen starts up soon.

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT..THE KID AND CANDY PART!
lau.gif
Quote:

I'm having a hard time keeping track right at the moment.
gig.gif

But if I'd seen/remembered you posting the above...I'd be like What??
Please set A-L-L the eggs. What choices is there? It's what I'd be doing.
thumbsup.gif

But then, I'm evil incarnate. (Insert evil laugh)

I set my eggs at high noon CST. They barely fit on one level. I'm just checking if I leave 'em...or if I stack 'em.
ep.gif

And outta the two dirty eggs...one has a HUGE crack in it. Actually it's not one crack but a crack and a branch off of it. I didn't get it wet, wet...I used a dampened paper towel with diluted bleach and wiped it VERY, VERY c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y. I used the quickest drying topcoat that I have for my nails (I LOVE nails too)
love.gif

And I'm gonna hope for the best. I'd be shocked if it develops!
ep.gif
I'll candle it after supper.

A couple of questions...am I anywhere close?

1) I need to pm the number of eggs I set today to you.
2) I need to guess the amount of eggs set by everyone by...the 14th if I want to enter the egg number contest. Is that anywhere close to correct?
bun.gif

Yes! Send me a pm with the set number.
Well, it's been 24 hours... is it too soon to candle? Guess I'm a little anxious, lol

Candle every day if you want too...It is up to you.
I'm having a hard time keeping track right at the moment.
gig.gif

But if I'd seen/remembered you posting the above...I'd be like What??
Please set A-L-L the eggs. What choices is there? It's what I'd be doing.
thumbsup.gif

But then, I'm evil incarnate. (Insert evil laugh)

Thank u! Im still working out the kinks on it. But this is my first hatch using it. I also have one right next to it as a hatcher and the one in the pic is the incubator :D so i can constantly have eggs being incubating and rotating weekly if i wanted ;) future hatch aholic right here lol

:lau. :gig. I am a hatchaholic also. So.......we need to make a HA.

So I set 4 Ayam Cemani eggs and 2 Fibro Cemani eggs. My total is 6!!!!

I don't even know the brand of the incubator. I've found it online but i've never found any troubleshooting questions. the manual just says to press the reset button. heres a picture i took of it
I had this bator for a time. This thing keeps great temps, and wow, does it hold humidity. You have it at 29 right now...toooo high! If you were to put another reader in there you would see. I kept that reading at 20/21 for the first week, then, only at 22 for the last. I didn't lock down in it, but I would imagine that 23 is going to be oodles for it. There is that spot on the back side..to put the tip of the bottle it comes with in there. I would just put a drop, and I mean a drop in that hole to keep the humidity at 20/21. I kept the temp..at the top there, at 39.5. This is C. readings. I have a place I can find for you to caculate, but I held the temps at the 39.5 and I had a great great hatch with my OE's, EE's. 26 out of 29 that went into lock down hatched.

Thanks for posting the picture!

I tried a google image search and it was not found.

Is there a model or serial number somewhere?

No serial numbers on these ron..strangest thing. They are pretty cheap on e-bay ad through amazon. They just call them the 48 egg incubator. ??

Back
Top Bottom