7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Like these?
big_smile.png

Nice!

I saw some veining in my ameraucana eggs this morning :) I couldn't see anything in the Marans eggs though, too dark. My rhodebars unfortunately look to be clear. I don't get that though seeing as how my Rhodebar hen is the most popular with all the boys.

I saw some veining in my ameraucana eggs this morning
smile.png
I couldn't see anything in the Marans eggs though, too dark. My rhodebars unfortunately look to be clear. I don't get that though seeing as how my Rhodebar hen is the most popular with all the boys.
You are so bad!

Now I want to canle too. I have Trader Joes and Whole Foods fertile eggs incubating and I want to see if they were really fertile....

Congratulations!

Quote:
You're totally killing me too! Omg...so gorgeous!
bow.gif

Someone in my neck of the woods (ok...more like 4 hours away) has Isbars and I think they may be a good fit for here. How do you like them? Our flock is a varied assortment of everything from Old English game birds, Silkies to some fairly large EE's and everything in-between.

Is anybody using an incubator like this? I see them on e-bay with the 48 egg turner. How do the preform?
I have one! I bought it accidentally, but it has been great so far! I also have an exoterra and a Brinsea incubator. This one is actually more stable temperature and humidity wise then the Exoterra. Granted, when my exoterra went down this silly eBay bator saved my eggs (right out of its box) so I am partial to it right now. You will want to turn off the humidity alarm (it was going off a lot while I was setting it up) but that is an easy fix. Once you get it all stabilized, this isn't an issue but it's annoying at first. I have some of my eggs for this hatchalong in there right now so we will see how it is...I actually planned on using it as a hatcher but so far it's been great as an incubator.

Last edited:
I don't have an option to candle my pigeon egg cause the parents are young so might stop nesting if they are disturbed. I guess it is good I can't, but I love candling so this is gonna be hard
he.gif
Poor you
sad.png
. I'm glad that my broody bantam is not that way even though it's her first time hatching eggs. She just trills at me in warning and settles down when I stop messing with "her babies"

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom