7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Morning Motor
I random candled last night and they are still alive.
wee.gif

Yay!
wee.gif
I candled my pigeon egg too and I can see the little eye already
love.gif

Yay! :weee I candled my pigeon egg too and I can see the little eye already :love

Fun to see the details awesome on the pigeons.
I'm still using the home made candler. Doesn't see much detail but there is movement. It's what I've always used and because of that most eggs make it to lockdown. Except for duds as they are always clear.
Next for me to purchase is the brooder plate.

The different colors are so fun! I have blue, lilac, chocolate and black. You should start to see some light spots after a few days.
It's so funny that you said that because we had the peeps out last night and I was looking at Vanilla Bean. I would've sworn her face was a different color and she has a blotch on her back :) I love all the colors! I bet your flock is beautiful!
She liked to hold rocks or sticks in her mouth and draw on the wall. I taught her to hold a brush and apply it to a canvas. I give her three or four colors at a time and she takes it from there. I don't make her do anything. She just really loves it.
I really like these paintings! The colors are great! The first one looks like an ocean
1f49e.png
Your horse did a great job!

She liked to hold rocks or sticks in her mouth and draw on the wall. I taught her to hold a brush and apply it to a canvas. I give her three or four colors at a time and she takes it from there. I don't make her do anything. She just really loves it.
awesome I am amazed at the horse painting, and they try to say they don't see color. I know better since my stud had two halters that were the same except for one was red and fitted tighter and he knew the brown riding halter from the red breeding.

Today's lock down on my eggs I am hatching with another local. My eggs here Bator. These had to do for my New Years hatch since my element quit in warm up. Fingers crossed

awesome I am amazed at the horse painting, and they try to say they don't see color. I know better since my stud had two halters that were the same except for one was red and fitted tighter and he knew the brown riding halter from the red breeding.

My stud was the same way. He wasn't partial to red anything and we'd find blankets, halters and ropes shredded or nipped in two if it was that particular color. Switched to blue and he was fine with it. He'd breed a chestnut mare, but really preferred greys. Wonky horse.... I miss him.

- - -

LOVE the horse's paintings. How fun!

My stud was the same way.   He wasn't partial to red anything and we'd find blankets, halters and ropes shredded or nipped in two if it was that particular color.  Switched to blue and he was fine with it.  He'd breed a chestnut mare, but really preferred greys.   Wonky horse.... I miss him.

- - - 

LOVE the horse's paintings.   How fun!
I miss my stud too. He was a beautiful liver chestnut with a thing for palominos. He would breed whatever, but loved Palominos. One time at s show his stall was on the corner going to the wash area and he was quite and well mannered the whole time except when a beautiful palomino passed by and he preened and talked up a Storm :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom