7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/734386/chick-emoticons/30#post_16071989
I'm so sorry to hear that! Might have been a humidity issue. I hope you try again. What incubator do you have? :hugs
:jumpy. So exciting. What day did you set??
Hey @darkbluespace! How have you been? Are you hatching?? Silkies?? Missed you! :hugs
Did you make that incubator? It looks awesome!!
I love paint silkies! I should have paint eggs soon! Congrats on the baby!!

Hi, I am pretty good! My son had strep over Christmas and I got it too, but barely. It actually has been nice to have a long break from things and take it easy. He can't eat so I haven't even cooked!

I am hatching more silkies from the breeder I get most of my eggs from. I very sadly, and I hate to tell you this, lost most all my lavender and porcelain and all but one of my paint silkies to a determined family of raccoons. :hit. I probably cried like I had lost my firstborn. I am mostly recovered and I still have my last 7 silkies, a paint rooster, black and showgirl hens and showgirl rooster. I think they hatched in August or Sept. so it will be awhile before they lay.

I am so glad you are hatching your own eggs! How many do you have, from what colors? I set mine on the 11 th and they are doing nothin' right now.

I hope your holidays have been good, sounds like you were super busy! How are the kiddos? Do they get excited for chicks??

Old pic, but this is her right before she started laying... mom was Legbar, dad was a big girl chasing Silkie, lol...

1f60d.png

Ok, I am so excited for these pips!! But when did everyone set theirs? I'm not expecting any pips until tomorrow - or maybe Friday.....I feel left out!!!

Absolutely beautiful photos everyone is posting!! I love the horse and all the chickens, and the adorable cutie, and the chili boot!

Happy hatching!

Who has seen this one? The whole thing with the music. Seems strange to me. I just can't imagine them like this. I just can't!

star-wars-dance-o.gif

Back
Top Bottom