7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Oh trust me bama..I'm on my way. Have had this bad flu bug now for three days. I think it's finally getting a bit better. It seems that colds/flu are worse at night. I have to get real tired to be able to fall asleep with this going on. I have that stinkin cough. Ugh..my rib cage is sore. :/

Oh trust me bama..I'm on my way.  Have had this bad flu bug now for three days.  I think it's finally getting a bit better.  It seems that colds/flu are worse at night.  I have to get real tired to be able to fall asleep with this going on.  I have that stinkin cough.  Ugh..my rib cage is sore.  :/ 
bummer.
Pensmaster is there. Yall have a good night lol

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hey WICKEDCHICKEN! I have a chick that was born with wry neck, found a recipe on this website raw honey, vitamin E, selenium in water-gave the Lil a couple of drinks a day. It worked for the lil one miraculously. It was up & bouncing around the incubator the next day. I have mine fully feathered in my brooder taking care of my new hatch of chicks. The chicks cuddle up with it.

I want to thank everyone for the information and concern about the my little chick! I gave the chick both the chick and chicken vitamins I have on hand (everything in my neck of the woods was closed until today) plus sustenance but Mr. Krinkles (my husband named him) failed to respond and didn't make it. My husband found him when he peeked in on them so he's feeling bad, we were all pulling for him. The little guy was this way in the incubator so perhaps it was just meant to be.

Quote:
You're talking about the rooster. Got it. I thought you were commenting on the chick!
gig.gif
Oh boy, sorry about that...lol!

Thanks for giving insight on this. Vaulted skulls is one thing I've actually read about previously on here. To be honest, I never considered that my Silkie X's would have a vaulted skull because they were a cross. Below is a picture of a brother I recently took, exact same chicken...just a different comb color. For our flock, I prefer a more practical medium than the fancier end of the scale...free ranging does occur here. I'd rather no poof than a big poof just for their safety. Any thoughts on his vault status?

I've had him in the brooder for quite some time for his safety and so I can give him his own tailored cocktail. But I can only imagine the amount of vitamins I'm giving him will eventually have a negative effect on parts of his system. I'm reading this which is very informative and if it can help anyone.

http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/p...vitamin_deficiencies_in_poultry.html#v3348045

Either way, vaulted skull or wry neck/some type of vitamin deficiency...he won't be used for breeding.

Ok...on second notice his brother's combs in the way, isn't it?
barnie.gif

They're less head poof, more Silkie body type.

The guy in question segregated in the brooder.

Answering this now, being 500+ posts behind will make this post completely out of context to what's going on right now.
(Better late than never??)
gig.gif

old.gif

Hey! I just saw this on Book Face...I mean...umm..Face Book! You are on the Idaho/Utah site. I love how you have that rig set up to let you know on your phone that the humidity has gone up too high..pretty clever!
Yup that is me. I have you to thank for that. You recommended that Idaho/Utah group too me. It really is an awesome group, great people. Thanks, again.

Yeah, I should have a few more sensor built out around spring time, if not a little before that. When I get them built I was going to offer them out to some of the members of the Idaho/Utah group to try them out. Don't worry your top on the list. I have also used the sensor to detect when a hen is laying an egg in the nesting box, also measure conditions under a broody hen and detect how long she leaves them,etc... My broody hen experiment ended abruptly when my BCM stopped being broody.
th.gif
So, I only got about 5 days worth of data.

Yup that is me. I have you to thank for that. You recommended that Idaho/Utah group too me. It really is an awesome group, great people. Thanks, again.

Yeah, I should have a few more sensor built out around spring time, if not a little before that. When I get them built I was going to offer them out to some of the members of the Idaho/Utah group to try them out. Don't worry your top on the list. I have also used the sensor to detect when a hen is laying an egg in the nesting box, also measure conditions under a broody hen and detect how long she leaves them,etc...  My broody hen experiment ended abruptly when my BCM stopped being broody.:th So, I only got about 5 days worth of data. 

That sounds cool! Too bad I'm too far away, lol...

Back
Top Bottom