7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

I have good news and I reckon it would be some bad news. I was so excited when my husband brought me some chicken eggs home today that we are almost certain to be fertile and I just had to go ahead and get them set in the incubator at 6 pm EST. Good news that it will be my first hatch of my very own and I am like SUPERRRRR excited!!! But I do reckon I may not be elibible for any of the contests. I was just doing it for the fun anyways. Oh by the way, out of the eggs I set (10) of them, 8 where white, laid by white leghorns and 2 are brown from RIR chickens. The rooster of all those beautiful babies is a RIR. I'm figuring that the babies will come out looking like their momma? Oh how does that go? Anyways, So excited!!!! Just wanted to share with all of you lovely BYC friends here! Hugggs to you all!!
wee.gif
woot.gif
celebrate.gif

I have good news and I reckon it would be some bad news. I was so excited when my husband brought me some chicken eggs home today that we are almost certain to be fertile and I just had to go ahead and get them set in the incubator at 6 pm EST. Good news that it will be my first hatch of my very own and I am like SUPERRRRR excited!!! But I do reckon I may not be elibible for any of the contests. I was just doing it for the fun anyways. Oh by the way, out of the eggs I set (10) of them, 8 where white, laid by white leghorns and 2 are brown from RIR chickens. The rooster of all those beautiful babies is a RIR. I'm figuring that the babies will come out looking like their momma? Oh how does that go? Anyways, So excited!!!! Just wanted to share with all of you lovely BYC friends here! Hugggs to you all!!
wee.gif
woot.gif
celebrate.gif
@beaches4me you are eligible for most of the contests!

Hatch rate and the soon to be announced guess the number of eggs set are the two you will miss.

Ok, I am in! I will be setting 12 chicken eggs. I am so excited! I was a new hatcher last year. I had an LG incubator, then got the Hova Bator. We bit the bullet and decided to get an amazing, 20 count, non rotating, Brinsea incubator used on Amazon for $60. When we got the package in the mail, we ended up with the Brinsea Eco Octagon with the egg turner that was NEW (worth $400?). We called the company and they said to keep it. We were still only charged the $60. What a deal! I tested it and 4 eggs out of 4 hatched! This is such a difference with the hundreds of eggs I lost with the other 2 bators. After I plugged it in, I was suprised when I heard peeps because I forgot about it. I didn't have to keep adding water to it. It literally did everything for me. Awesome! :)

Last edited:
Does anyone here know where I can get guinea eggs? I know it will be too late for this hatch along but I would still like to try to hatch out some. Thank you! :D

Ok, I am in! I will be setting 12 chicken eggs. I am so excited! I was a new hatcher last year. I had an LG incubator, then got the Hova Bator. We bit the bullet and decided to get an amazing, 20 count, non rotating, Brinsea incubator used on Amazon for $60. When we got the package in the mail, we ended up with the Brinsea Eco Octagon with the egg turner that was NEW (worth $400?). We called the company and they said to keep it. We were still only charged the $60. What a deal! I tested it and 4 eggs out of 4 hatched! This is such a difference with the hundreds of eggs I lost with the other 2 bators. After I plugged it in, I was suprised when I heard peeps because I forgot about it. I didn't have to keep adding water to it. It literally did everything for me. Awesome!
smile.png
Welcome!

I have added you to the members list.

I incubate in an Octagon advance 40 and hatch in one or both of my Genesis 1588 incubators.

It works great that way since the Brinsea stays clean due to not have hatch mess in it.

Back
Top Bottom