7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Thank you!! We clean our fish tanks with the plain (non Iodized) salt....I'm just not sure where it went. I'll just buy more - it would be good to have on hand. Maybe I'll get a shot glass while I'm there...lol.

Have a great night!!

Thanks again!
Good job on catching the low humidity.

How did it do when you tested it?

Since the air cells seem bigger than they should be, adding water to one tank might be a good idea.

I candled all of my eggs last night. 17 went in and 17 are growing. I do have one very porous egg that has an air cell that growing too rapidly, but I'm just going to let it do its thing for now. The other 16 are right on track :)

I candled all of my eggs last night. 17 went in and 17 are growing. I do have one very porous egg that has an air cell that growing too rapidly, but I'm just going to let it do its thing for now. The other 16 are right on track
smile.png

Yay
wee.gif

Y'know? I haven't seen a chick in several years. I am getting excited about this hatch!
Cute little fuzzy butts! I may have to carry them around with me!
Oh, and Duckling will be so happy! She's old enough to be gentle. Ooh! I can't wait!
Oh, and the dog! He loves looking out for the babies.
I'm gonna haaave baaabies! I'm gonna haaaaave baaaaaaaabies!

Little Nessie, if you have that happen again you can heat water on your grill and put it in jars and put inside the bator. You can also heat bricks or rocks and put them inside. Then wrap with blankets.

Good job on catching the low humidity.

How did it do when you tested it?

Since the air cells seem bigger than they should be, adding water to one tank might be a good idea.
Hi Ron,

Haven't tested it yet - I will be testing both hydrometers tonight.. I did add a TINY bit of water to the 'bator last night, now the first shows 44, the new one shows 26. They do agree on temps.

Crazy!!

I am just tagging along right now. It keeps me motivated while I rewire my bator with a new thermostat. Of course at the moment I am frantically cleaning because my youngest daughter is coming for Christmas so my bator rebuild is on hold. Part of that includes finishing my coop so that I can get the chickens off the front porch at night.

Last edited:
This is the only one I can find. 1.7 magnitude earthquake 8 km from [COLOR=0066CC]Boulder City, Nevada, United States[/COLOR]
about 11 hours ago
I think it was Monday night. I saw an article about it the next day so I know I'm not imagining it. Lol! It was pretty small, but it was enough to wake us up. The have been happening quite a bit since we moved up here. Maybe I can find it again.
Little Nessie, if you have that happen again you can heat water on your grill and put it in jars and put inside the bator. You can also heat bricks or rocks and put them inside. Then wrap with blankets.
Thank you so much! That is a great Idea!

Back
Top Bottom