7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Is it automatically done on the 40 or do you turn it on as you remember
I have to turn it on and set the number of minutes. It stays on until it is turned off.

Today is day 10 so it will run until I turn it off on day 18.

It does seem to help. The chicks are very healthy when I use it.

As would I. Some one you trust in the area

You are both invited to come live on my ranch!
bow.gif

I have to turn it on and set the number of minutes. It stays on until it is turned off.

Today is day 10 so it will run until I turn it off on day 18.

It does seem to help. The chicks are very healthy when I use it.

I might give this a try. Now I'd be dependent on a timer working right. One more thing to watch. Should be worth it though. Hens don't stay on nest especially when it gets really hot. Just wish they would go back to their eggs and not the others that have been laid next to theirs.

The wife would make me buy a cow first.
lau.gif

But it would be fun for awhile. Milking twice a day rain or shine 7 days a week is really hard. The cows don't take a break.
barnie.gif

Yeah, it is hard. I milked for years, just can't really do it now.... The last cow I milked, I was getting lazy with. I kept her calf on her and I just stole milk whenever I could. I have let them keep their calves before, but still milked them twice a day.

I have a smaller version of this incubator and it works very well for me. It just hatched 2 of 2 shipped Ancona eggs for me
smile.png

I also have used the smaller version. Holds temps and humidity very well. The turner that came with it didn't last long though. I hatched 26 out of 29 eggs that went into lock down with it. I just bought a different turner once the one that came with it quit. You don't want to put but just a few drops..literally, into it! It gets humidity up real quick!

Yeah, it is hard. I milked for years, just can't really do it now.... The last cow I milked, I was getting lazy with. I kept her calf on her and I just stole milk whenever I could. I have let them keep their calves before, but still milked them twice a day.

Years ago when work was slow I managed to get a job milking cows at a dairy. When I signed on I was told it was 8 hours a day. Yea that was the first shift then there was the second 8 hour shift. 8 on 8 off. That lasted 2 weeks not something one would get used to. I believe there were 350 cows to milk. Why I still drink milk is beyond me.

Years ago when work was slow I managed to get a job milking cows at a dairy. When I signed on I was told it was 8 hours a day. Yea that was the first shift then there was the second 8 hour shift. 8 on 8 off. That lasted 2 weeks not something one would get used to. I believe there were 350 cows to milk. Why I still drink milk is beyond me.
bow.gif
Wow. And here I am complaining about one.
hugs.gif

candled my hal eggs tonight. brutal. 30+ eggs set, 7 developing. gonna have to have a looong chat with my roo about picking up the pace or being replaced. his choice. :(

Oh poo, I hope those 7 hatch.

Day 10... And we just lost power. This is the third time in 3 weeks... We may need to move, this is getting ridiculous.

5th wheel is heating up. Then I'll move my incubator out there.

So frustrating

You can bring your bator here. ^_^

Back
Top Bottom