7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Chick #9 looks like it will start to zip soon!

Wewt!
yippiechickie.gif

How weird - I sent the pic to my husband (he's in St Louis but safe from the floods) - and he had to send it to me so I could upload it here! I've never seen anything like this before! Should be interesting to watch grow up!

And I've learned (well, re-enforced previous learning) tonight... crack open a bottle of wine and things start to happen!

Such cute chickies. Congrats everyone so far and fingers crossed for great hatch rates for the rest.
Happy New Year everyone!

Last edited:
So happy to hear of all of the success! So sad to hear of some loss. :/

It just hit me how neat this is that all of these babies are hatching around the same time for us. Us, here on BYC. I wish I could hear some of the noise going on when you go look into the bator and see a baby..well, even the first pip. I see my first pip and I'm saying..to my DH...I have a pip! I wonder how many times he's heard that in the past 4 or 5 or how ever many yrs. I've been hatching. lol...

It's amazing to hear and see everyone hatching!! It's cuteness overload with all these babies!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

It's also sad to hear of the babies lost.

I had nothing going on...and now there's 3 pips when I went to turn the new eggs! I'm still hoping things progress well and that I turned things around from the last hatch.
fl.gif

The top middle, small white egg (hard to see), the top left blue egg and the second from the left tan egg on the bottom row have pipped.

Back
Top Bottom