7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

I have internal pips!!! These are my two week old ducklings playing in our kitchen. Please excuse my beer fermenters in the background. They aren't very pretty, but they are delicious! I love these two ducks! They are kind of like having puppies. My pointer loves them too! They are his ducks...he thinks. If they peep at night he will get up and check them and then come back to bed. He lays down and let's them peck and run all over him. He's a sweet boy!

Nice ducks, what style of beer do you like. I just finished hard apple cider. Got a little stronger than I like but still good. Next time I'll stop it sooner. Ive done some beer before but I'm experimenting with a different yeast with the cider.

LL

That little chick has wry neck. Had one like that this yr. Man that poly v. works like a miracle, at least it did for my girl. She couldn't even sit up like this one is, she would lay up against the side of the bator, where I put her and just leaned on her side. After a few days on the vitamin, she was normal!

Ok. I'm afraid I don't have the poly, and everything's closed...but I've given the chickie vitamins. Now we wait.
D.gif

Was that for me Ron?
Yes...Typos and all.

Silkies have a vaulted skull that makes the crest. Some have too much of a vault and the skull is not closed. That will make them prone to brain injury when they get hit in the head--or pecked. It sounds like the silkie roo you have has this problem.

When he starts acting punch drunk, try some aspirin for him.

Aww, I love me a splash anything! Love them. :)

The polish aren't splash, but their daddy is. Their mommies are white crested black. Polish chicks are interesting as even the white crested black are usually half buff as chicks. It's the color on their backs that indicates what color they will be when they have their adult feathers. My splash boy was almost completely white as a chick.

Hey WICKEDCHICKEN! I have a chick that was born with wry neck, found a recipe on this website raw honey, vitamin E, selenium in water-gave the Lil a couple of drinks a day. It worked for the lil one miraculously. It was up & bouncing around the incubator the next day. I have mine fully feathered in my brooder taking care of my new hatch of chicks. The chicks cuddle up with it.

I love dark Beers and IPAs :) I love single hop IPAs right now because you can taste the difference and then brew with the ones you like best!

Back
Top Bottom