8th-annual-byc-new-years-day-2017-hatch-a-long

Just for fun. I always like taking photos of my Golden R. having fun in fresh fallen snow. We have gotten probably 3 more inches since!

Hey ron...are you guys getting a lot of rain?? We are in for it all week until Friday.

Last edited:
Just for fun. I always like taking photos of my Golden R. having fun in fresh fallen snow. We have gotten probably 3 more inches since!

Hey ron...are you guys getting a lot of rain?? We are in for it all week until Friday.

Not yet. It is on the way though. We are supposed to have a very wet commute home from work tomorrow.

Not yet. It is on the way though. We are supposed to have a very wet commute home from work tomorrow.

Some parts of the valley floor got a little dusting of snow today! (Missed our house, sadly, but some areas in Redding had it!) But, temperatures are on the rise, so it looks like rain on and off this week.
We have begun collecting eggs for our next hatch to start by Thursday I think - more Black Sex Links and getting some more BCM tomorrow in Oregon!

Wriggle wriggle..plop!

lau.gif

Love love the bow tie. If I am going to have a NN, it has to have a bow tie. Here are a few photos of my girl/boy..not sure yet..red light..doesn't show well. You can see that she came up to me with the door open. Very friendly. :)

Here she is at the doorway. You can barely see .. she does have a bow tie.

What a cutie! I hope mine wind up that friendly
love.gif
fl.gif

I think I may have to get me a bearded partridge showgirl rooster to add to the flock. Hubby glared at me evilly when I said that. He doesn't care for anything with a bare neck.

I got the birds a bag of cracked corn when at the feed shop last week (dead end on quail feed unfortunately, highest protein they had was 24%, and that was only in 5 lb bags). They can't decide if it's food or dust bath material. Haha silly things

"Nothing to see here, human, move along."
(Halfbeak above was attacked by a rooster but is fully healed and totally fine, just a bit funny looking)

Yep, still going with another 13 to set in the hatcher the 7th! The little black and white chick (Penguin) is the product of a special set of crosses I've been working on from my Sulmtaler hen and my Ameraucana rooster. So far we've had 2 successfully hatch. It's a bit hard to tell for sure yet, but it's looking like one will be crested like mom. Anxious to see how they feather out.
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
1f60d.png

Well, none of my eggs hatched. Candled them and I'm not seeing any movement. I'll leave for another day.

So, here is a pic of my older chicks! Had then out today (well 8 of my 10). They had fun running around my living room and jumping on the sofa!

(This is my favorite- praying it's a pullet!!!!!!!!!)

Some parts of the valley floor got a little dusting of snow today! (Missed our house, sadly, but some areas in Redding had it!) But, temperatures are on the rise, so it looks like rain on and off this week.
We have begun collecting eggs for our next hatch to start by Thursday I think - more Black Sex Links and getting some more BCM tomorrow in Oregon!
There is hail in Citrus Heights, just out of Sacramento.

I got the birds a bag of cracked corn when at the feed shop last week (dead end on quail feed unfortunately, highest protein they had was 24%, and that was only in 5 lb bags). They can't decide if it's food or dust bath material. Haha silly things

"Nothing to see here, human, move along."
(Halfbeak above was attacked by a rooster but is fully healed and totally fine, just a bit funny looking)
Make sure that they have the small size grit for chicks. They need it to digest grains. chicken feed does not need to be ground in the gullet but grains do.

Back
Top Bottom