8th-annual-byc-new-years-day-2017-hatch-a-long

I'm in this to catch the "hatching bug". First year for a flock so I'm going to ease into this little by little. Anyway...who can resist looking at little fluffy butt peepers?!???
1f602.png
1f495.png
1f60d.png

Oh, you've already been caught!
gig.gif

Me too! Exactly. I just had Bielefelder eggs arrive. They're a little more soiled than I like, but hopefully something will hatch. And then we are trying our own Barred Rock/BCM crosses so that we can sex them right out of the gate. Oh, and maybe well throw in some others -a couple friends want some birds... I may have to get the Bielefelder s in the incubator before the 11th...

Well i might not be joining after all as my turner wasnt plugged in and already lost over half my eggs and now it will be useless to restart as its not worth it had 8 goose eggs and 20+ duck eggs in it but wasnt turned in 5 daysfor the goose eggs and for the duck 2 days and i cant recollect as sold half my ducks and a goose so im basically done with this hatching stuff its cheaper to buy em at a store...

I'm afraid I'm not setting any eggs :hit

Too much going on right now to have the time to care for the chicks especially as it's winter :(

I will be following everyone's hatches though :pop

Count me in! I already have heritage bronze turkey eggs in the incubator. Set those on Saturday, and on the 10th I'll be adding my chicken eggs :)

Well i might not be joining after all as my turner wasnt plugged in and already lost over half my eggs and now it will be useless to restart as its not worth it had 8 goose eggs and 20+ duck eggs in it but wasnt turned in 5 daysfor the goose eggs and for the duck 2 days and i cant recollect as sold half my ducks and a goose so im basically done with this hatching stuff its cheaper to buy em at a store...

Sorry it didn't work out for you.

Build another one!
ROFL!!! Do you remember how long it took to build the one!!

Well I think you need to bring a giant box in the house and tell him it's your new 200 egg cabinet incubator, but you're willing to take it back if he returns the old incubator.
lau.gif
, i think i found it, it is camouflaged in with the coolers (it is a cooler) but i still cant set eggs, lol, i have too many as it is now

Oh my god, they're so stinking CUTE. OK. I may need to order some bantams. :D

Also, LOL @ single serve. But at least they *are* a serving. With the quail it's 2 birds/serving.
@TJChickens has bantam ees!!!
you should talk to her!!

Enabler
gig.gif

Maaybe once I find someone to take my extra hens.... (1 1/2 years old, laying. They're free, and NOBODY wants them
th.gif
)
really? wow

It's those darn contests!!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
hide.gif
Agreed!!!

Some may still make it dont give up yet!!!

@ronott1
i updated the list :)
i need to edit it a little but its good/complete for now

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom