8th-annual-byc-new-years-day-2017-hatch-a-long

My countdown timer says I have 11 days, 20 hours till hatch.
thumbsup.gif

fl.gif

Well, number 13 is out. She's very, very weak. Hoping she doesn't have an infected belly from being in the incubator 48 hours after the first hatch. It's really gross in there.

Neosporin..I use it on all of my chicks..worried or worried not. :)

She's been in that bacteria factory for over 24 hours, while her yolk sac absorbed. If she's infected, the damage is already done.

Use the anti bacterial ointment and give her some baby vitamin without iron--a drop on the beak twice a day.

Unless the belly looks bloated and the egg sack is or was green, it will likely be fine! If the chicks are pecking, put it into a tea cup for a day or so.

Use the anti bacterial ointment and give her some baby vitamin without iron--a drop on the beak twice a day.

Unless the belly looks bloated and the egg sack is or was green, it will likely be fine! If the chicks are pecking, put it into a tea cup for a day or so.

Perfect. This is what I do too when I am worried about the others. I love .. love the vitamin Poly!

Ok, I finally did my photo shoot of my babies after they all fluffed up. I can't help it. I like taking photos of the babies. They don't stay babies for long.
wink.png
All 14 doing well. Even the one that had to sit in a cup for a day and a half. That foot was pretty bad. It's now walking around really well. :) Actually..running around.

Looks like I have to trim someones little tush. Silkie babies..usually have to do a few.

I call this last one .. Butterball.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom