A Bielefelder Thread !

Wanted to let all of you know, that we here in the Western most northern state in the union, Washington, are just fine.
We ususally get a little over 2 inches of rain in February,,, we have gotton over 14" here so far this month, and the month not over.................................we on the west coast & more north than any other state, we are hit by the Pineapple express like a fire hose.

This year, California is being hit hard, VERY HARD and for some reason, Oregon is being spared...which is OK with Oregon !

We (Oregon and Washington) are used to this, even though it is over double our usual rain & snow fall...we have rivers here, Cali does not.

Yes, we are having major flooding and landslides. It's crazy. One of my friends lives in the hills & her daughter could not get to school for a week because of the mudslides. No flooding in my neighborhood, fortunately, although my windows were leaking last week. We are planning to take the kids to Tahoe for the first time at the beginning of March & I am worried there will be too much snow!

I feel almost guilty saying this but our weather has been nearly perfect. Yesterday and today - sunny and nearly 80*, light breezes...the bees are very actively pollinating my Aspen and what little I started growing in the garden, and the roosters are busily raping every hen they can catch. We've had a few storm system move through but other than wind even those were pleasant. I shot this photo of one of my chicken houses this past weekend:

The sun was shining, but it was also raining with moody skies and a rainbow arching over the chicken cabin. Not too shabby!

I feel almost guilty saying this but our weather has been nearly perfect. Yesterday and today - sunny and nearly 80*, light breezes...the bees are very actively pollinating my Aspen and what little I started growing in the garden, and the roosters are busily raping every hen they can catch. We've had a few storm system move through but other than wind even those were pleasant. I shot this photo of one of my chicken houses this past weekend:

The sun was shining, but it was also raining with moody skies and a rainbow arching over the chicken cabin. Not too shabby!

That could be a postcard. Very Nice!

That's pretty cool to see a full rainbow like that!

I feel almost guilty saying this but our weather has been nearly perfect. Yesterday and today - sunny and nearly 80*, light breezes...the bees are very actively pollinating my Aspen and what little I started growing in the garden, and the roosters are busily raping every hen they can catch. We've had a few storm system move through but other than wind even those were pleasant. I shot this photo of one of my chicken houses this past weekend: The sun was shining, but it was also raining with moody skies and a rainbow arching over the chicken cabin. Not too shabby!
Beautiful!

So are those storms clouds ? Are you having any rain ?
My weather channels says the awful L.A. storm was to go through AZ & NM and beat the heck outta TX and keep going east....
I envy your nice dryness there ! Everything here is MUD!

So are those storms clouds ? Are you having any rain ?
My weather channels says the awful L.A. storm was to go through AZ & NM and beat the heck outta TX and keep going east....
I envy your nice dryness there ! Everything here is MUD!

Thanks for the compliments, everyone!

They were storm clouds, but we got very little rain. The weatherman said "100% chance of rain", but we only got a few small drizzles. That said, it has been one of our wetter winters, but the cool, rainy weather rarely lasts longer than 3 days before it's again sunny and 70-80*.

Thanks for the compliments, everyone!

They were storm clouds, but we got very little rain. The weatherman said "100% chance of rain", but we only got a few small drizzles. That said, it has been one of our wetter winters, but the cool, rainy weather rarely lasts longer than 3 days before it's again sunny and 70-80*.
This is why some folks (with money !) do the Snowbird thing...go to your state in Winter & come back up here in late spring.
It used to get 110 degrees in NorCal when we were there, April first !
I HATE that heat !
I get very very heat sick very easily, starts at about 75 degrees, and by 80 I am drenching dripping sweat...by 90 I am about to pass out, and at any length over 100 degrees, like more than 10 minutes, I am very sick, on he floor, nausea, vomiting, sweating like niagra falls...it is weird.
my Grandpa had this condition, too.
I would love to live in Northern New Mexico......high desert area in central northern NM...I almost moved there..........but figured summer heat would kill me for sure.
Likewise I have Raynaud's................so I have to be super careful in ANY cold below 45 degrees, but at least I can cover up for that.
It is all auto-immune related...and very weird.
TMI ?
Sorry !

I absolutely LOVE the desert after the rain...and so many dead-looking plants bloom, it is amazing !

Just wanted to share a few pics of my 11 week old babies. I'm new to this breed, but loving how beautiful they already are and how sweet their personalities are. I have 4 pullets and 2 cockeral.
[/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom