A Bielefelder Thread !

Pics
Hey, everyone, thought I'd post one more time about my little 'oopsy' pullet, Violet. She's about 8 weeks old in these pictures. I'm pretty sure she is, but just to confirm, does she look like a Bielefelder still?

She has gotten very sweet and hops into my lap all the time. She's very calm and, well, I call her big-boned. :lol: She's still eating enough for an army, too!

@DCchicken and
@texasmomma thank you very much for your responses. I am also wondering how the roosters are after 12 months of age. I have seen a lot of Roosters that are cuddlebugs until they hit the 8-12 month mark, that is when I think their "true colors" come out. LOL!

@Sylvester017 Garydean26 is "right up" the road from me in TX distance
wink.png
. Great guy! Love his Legbars.

Hey, everyone, thought I'd post one more time about my little 'oopsy' pullet, Violet. She's about 8 weeks old in these pictures. I'm pretty sure she is, but just to confirm, does she look like a Bielefelder still?

She has gotten very sweet and hops into my lap all the time. She's very calm and, well, I call her big-boned.
lol.png
She's still eating enough for an army, too!
Our first Silkie ever was a "shrinking violet" because she got picked on by faster growing LF chicks and she was always hiding from them so that became her name. Your bird is gorgeous whatever she is and since she eats a lot probably IS a Bielie.

@DCchicken and
@texasmomma thank you very much for your responses. I am also wondering how the roosters are after 12 months of age. I have seen a lot of Roosters that are cuddlebugs until they hit the 8-12 month mark, that is when I think their "true colors" come out. LOL!

@Sylvester017 Garydean26 is "right up" the road from me in TX distance
wink.png
. Great guy! Love his Legbars.

Yes he has been very helpful to me. He really does his research. I'm partial to Texans in general as I don't think there is a friendlier populace than Texans!

I've read this whole thread in the last couple of days. I've had a trio for two weeks now. I'm surprised how much I love this breed. They are so sweet and docile. I can't wait to see the rooster full grown they look so beautiful now. They are 4 months old now. Are they prone to any health issues I need to be on the look out for. I'm totally new to this lovely breed.

To all the folks who have had these birds for a while are they tolerant of the heat and humidty of the south and midwest regions ?
I am almost done with my new coop and run and want to get Barthuhner and Bielefelder chicks.
Thanks,
Jeff

To all the folks who have had these birds for a while are they tolerant of the heat and humidty of the south and midwest regions ?
 I am almost done with my new coop and run and want to get Barthuhner and Bielefelder chicks.
Thanks,
Jeff

I live in southeast Louisiana so I'm as hot and humid as you can get. They do pant when it's dusk and they first go to roost. I leave them mint water and they have been fine. They are so sweet and docile. I read adding any mint to their water helps keep them cool. I free range during the day their is a creek they can cool off in if they want. If I didn't I would use a kiddie pool. I love this breed never had chickens this sweet and gentle . Pam

Back
Top Bottom