A Bielefelder Thread !

Pics
Hey EP,

Yours should be very close to laying age about now. (About 5 months right). I'm not sure if bielefelders are early layers or late. Do you know when they generally start laying. Just trying to figure out my timeframe for my chicks. Mine are about 1 month right now. :)

Hey EP,

Yours should be very close to laying age about now. (About 5 months right). I'm not sure if bielefelders are early layers or late. Do you know when they generally start laying. Just trying to figure out my timeframe for my chicks. Mine are about 1 month right now.
smile.png

Yes mine around around 6 months old. I havent gotten any eggs YET, so i cannot confirm that personally. Information given to me from GFF was that laying age is slowed a little due to their large size, But should start around 7 months.

Last edited:
Hatch rate was about 70% this time around. New Bator - but I had to assist nearly all the chicks with hatching as I mucked up on the hatching date and didn't set the humidity higher for the last few days... Even to the point that the eggs hadn't pipped, but when I candled they had broken into the airsac and were cheeping. I just couldn't leave them inside the eggs desperately trying to get out! Out of the 18 chicks in total, I hatched 14 - none of them had problems - all very healthy and coming up to 10wks old now...

Last edited:
Hatch rate was about 70% this time around.  New Bator - but I had to assist nearly all the chicks with hatching as I mucked up on the hatching date and didn't set the humidity higher for the last few days...  Even to the point that the eggs hadn't pipped, but when I candled they had broken into the airsac and were cheeping.  I just couldn't leave them inside the eggs desperately trying to get out!  Out of the 18 chicks in total, I hatched 14 - none of them had problems - all very healthy and coming up to 10wks old now...

Well congrats on getting a good hatch rate.

What kind of bator are you using?

How long havr you been working with the Bielefelders?

Back
Top Bottom