A Bielefelder Thread !

Pics
My Bielefelder pullet has begun to scratch around in the nest box!!!!
wee.gif

Im hoping to get eggs within the month. I know for sure if not by the end of this month, May will be the month!!!! OMG IM SOO HAPPY!!!

I had not the foggiest idea 1 way or the other. So I googled it. According to my pet chicken it isn't. A list of all breeds recognized by the APA. Maybe in a couple years once they are more widely established in the US, they will recognize them. Not that I care 1 way or the other. I think they are beautiful birds. I wished they didn't cost so much.
xxx.mypetchicken.com/chicken-breeds/breed-list.aspx

Chicken Breeds List

Not sure which chicken breed is for you? Just looking for more information on the wonderful world of chickens? You've come to the right place! This list includes all of the chicken breeds recognized by the American Poultry Association (APA).

CHICKEN BREED NAME
Ameraucana
Ancona
Andalusian
Antwerp Belgian Bantam
Appenzeller Spitzhauben
Araucana
Aseel
Australorp
Barnevelder
Belgian Bearded d'Uccle Bantam
Booted Bantam
Brahma
Campine
Catalana
Chantecler
Cochin
Cornish
Crevecoeur
Cubalaya
Delaware
Dominique
Dorking
Easter Eggers
Faverolles
Fayoumi
Hamburg
Holland
Houdan
Japanese Bantam
Java
Jersey Giant
La Fleche
Lakenvelder
Langshan
Legbar
Leghorn (Non-White)
Leghorn (White)
Malay
Marans
Minorca
Modern Game
Naked Neck (Turken)
New Hampshire Red
Old English Game
Orpington
Penedesenca
Phoenix
Plymouth Rock
Polish
Redcap
Rhode Island
Rosecomb Bantam
Russian Orloff
Sebright Bantam
Sicilian Buttercup
Silkie Bantam
Star
Sultan
Sumatra
Sussex
Welsummer
White Faced Black Spanish
Wyandotte
Yokohama
Sorry wasn't on this thread for the longest time! Thanks.
wink.png

Ha! At first glance I was trying to figure out what the black looking crest was on your Roos head. Seriously it looks like he is wearing a hat or something. After closer inspection and zooming up on the iPad I could tell its another chicken in the background. Congrats on the approaching egg laying. The first egg is so egciting :).

Its really nice to see other Bielefelders growing up! I see she looks a little lighter than my pullet. Ill have to get some good close ups tomrrow of the feathers for comparison.

Thanks for the pictures!

Back
Top Bottom