A Bielefelder Thread !

Pics
I find way too may of eggs packed that way settle to the bottom and will break.   I have gotten eggs like that and the problem is when one breaks the other move and you lose several eggs.  I have gotten them like that and double boxed with broken eggs.  the ends need to be taped and secured from falling out. Eggs can break no matter how you pack them but leaving the ends open just asks for problems in my opinion. 

I don't like that method and I don't like foam shipper either.  The burrito method seems to work best in my opinion.  If the egg breaks it is contained usually but still has some bulk to hold the spot so the egg don't move.  Shredded paper is HEAVY and really offer no cushion.  Bubble wrap, air pillows, and packing peanuts are the way to go.  Styrofoam works pretty well too but not without some bubble wrap.
:
Thank you, I like to sell and treat people like I like to be treated. Thanks too everyone who has posted thier shipping experience. I might not always meet my expectations but I strive to do my best. Everyone has been very helpful thanks again.
My bielefelders are 7 1/2 months old their colbs are red now when do they start laying. It seems like forever. :he Pam

Here's a few pics of my new Bielefelder coop. Still need to finish the outside run before Winter. This building was a green house that's why we had to paint the poly siding so our Biels won't be cooked.

Last edited:
Treefarmer42, here is a few pic's of 13 Bielefelder pullets and 4 Roo;s around 8 - 10 weeks old
that I picked up Monday, and had to build a brand new coop to house them in. The Bielefelders are beautiful birds. Now I didn't go spend a $1000.00 on them, but they were not cheap either.

Treefarmer42, here is a few pic's of 13 Bielefelder pullets and 4 Roo;s around 8 - 10 weeks old
that I picked up Monday, and had to build a brand new coop to house them in. The Bielefelders are beautiful birds. Now I didn't go spend a $1000.00 on them, but they were not cheap either.

Nice coop and good looking birds. I am happy to hear you did not spend $1,000.00 on Biels that won't lay for another 4-6 months. When they do begin to lay I'll take 10 hens and 2 roosters for $1,000 cash or silver bars if you would like. I would like to know what you did pay for the 13 pullets and the 4 males. Even though I only have sold eggs and chicks for the past 20 years I'm always looking to learn as much as possible about the trade.

Now you know I cant share the price I paid, but I will say that to me it was a good deal. But I would rather buy juveniles and overwinter them than buy POL hens, for the price difference.

RWD,
I knew you won't tell so I'll tell you how much they are worth. This time though I will not waste my time explaining and showing the math. You could not understand the value difference between juv. and 1.5 yr. old birds so here goes.. 13 hens-4 roosters at the age of 8 weeks are worth $202.00. You did purchased them at the right time of the season. 1 out of 2 is not bad. If you played baseball you would be headed to the Hall of Fame.
lau.gif

RWD,
I knew you won't tell so I'll tell you how much they are worth. This time though I will not waste my time explaining and showing the math. You could not understand the value difference between juv. and 1.5 yr. old birds so here goes.. 13 hens-4 roosters at the age of 8 weeks are worth $202.00. You did purchased them at the right time of the season. 1 out of 2 is not bad. If you played baseball you would be headed to the Hall of Fame.
lau.gif

They sell for $35 a pair around here from hatch to about 6 weeks. I figure pullets are worth $20-25 of that so here that math would not work.

They sell for $35 a pair around here from hatch to about 6 weeks. I figure pullets are worth $20-25 of that so here that math would not work.
So then what your saying is 13 hens and 4 roosters of 8 week of age is approx. $365.00 plus a bag of chick starter at $20. So your math or value is approx. $350-$400.
Thank you DMRippy I'm finally getting to hear from people that value their Biels for the rare, valuable bird they are. I valued, my math for the 13 hens and 4 roosters by calculating my egg price plus starter feed to grow 8 week old chicks. That is the ONLY reason I could value the price at $202.00. Which is the only plausible, cheap value that is possible.

So then what your saying is 13 hens and 4 roosters of 8 week of age is approx. $365.00 plus a bag of chick starter at $20.  So your math or value is approx. $350-$400.
  Thank you DMRippy  I'm finally getting to hear from people that value their Biels for the rare, valuable bird they are.  I valued, my math for the 13 hens and 4 roosters by calculating my egg price plus starter feed to grow 8 week old chicks.  That is the ONLY reason I could value the price at $202.00.  Which is the only plausible, cheap value that is possible. 

I find this so interesting. No one has them in my state That I know of. Mine aren't laying yet and i'm trying to figure a price for them. The prices talked about on the low end is what I can get for CCL's their is one person besides me who sells them in my state but they aren't in my area. I would think I could get more money for them than the CCL's. Thanks for the education. Pam

Back
Top Bottom