A Bielefelder Thread !

Alright!  Congrats, @luvmyroos
keep up the great work!  The hens laying large eggs...how old are they?

I have 7 ladies that are 7 1/2 months and 2 that are almost 9 months. The earliest a Biel female had laid for me was 26 weeks. Not sure who laid the jumbo since it's the first. All are laying large. I have all pigments of brown from here ladies, from a pale brown that looks pink to almost a chocolate brown. Caught a my Biel rooster "nesting" today, clucking and all. Hilarious.

My Cream Legbar lays large and my Isbar is a large medium.

So....... we've got a jumbo! All other Biel eggs have been larges.

Very nice!!!! One of my Biel girls is finally starting to lay again after a very long molt. I'm looking forward to getting those eggs again.
big_smile.png

Here's something completely unrelated, but I just put our DD's dance recital online. She's getting a kick watching the counter & # of "likes" go up. If you don't mind watching a brief kid's recital, please give her a thumb's up. Dance is another love of hers - besides chickens. At age 10 she wants to become a vet on the weekdays & a professional dancer on the weekends. She also wants to be an artist & move to a farm.

She's front & center for tap. In her ballet dance, the girl on far right (DD's best friend) dances very well. Our DD's 3rd number was lyrical dance with a solo, but Youtube would not allow the audio to be played due to copywrite. (Let It Be) I put in some still photos instead.
0.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom