A brag on my sweet roo, Steve <3

Aww LisaLou he was a beaut! I know, I'm with you- I sooooo hope this one will stay cool. But if not I too enjoy a nice noodle soup now and again. :D

Is my young Silver Phoenix roo strange? Im new to roos. King Spur as the kids have named him seems like he's making sure his eggs hatch. Queen Spyre HAS TO get back on the nest after a quick leg stretch food water and poo. If not he gets ruffled. He goes and sits on the side of the milk crate. A couple of his feathers are woven in the nest. Just too cute :) l was worried about only having one hen for him but I dont think he cares much. She didnt sit until it was 10+eggs. 5+are fertile and due to hatch probably within a few days. Should I try and help her with the chicks after hatch? That'll be a lot of peeps..

Is my young Silver Phoenix roo strange? Im new to roos. King Spur as the kids have named him seems like he's making sure his eggs hatch. Queen Spyre HAS TO get back on the nest after a quick leg stretch food water and poo. If not he gets ruffled. He goes and sits on the side of the milk crate. A couple of his feathers are woven in the nest. Just too cute :) l was worried about only having one hen for him but I dont think he cares much. She didnt sit until it was 10+eggs. 5+are fertile and due to hatch probably within a few days. Should I try and help her with the chicks after hatch? That'll be a lot of peeps..

Steve is lovely :)

Aww.. This brings back memories. Unfortunately Steve lost his life while fighting (what I assume was) dogs while I was at work one day a year an a half or so? ago.. His feathers were more plentiful than anyone else's in the yard which led me to believe he may have fought the longest. :( It was so sad. I lost all but one hen that day but have come a long ways rebuilding since! Lessons we learn along the way..

I still have a big tail feather of his that I found that day, it hangs on my wall by the bed. :)

As for your broody, she will likely be just fine with that many chicks. And what a CUTE story about your boy. Too sweet!!

Im sorry to hear that. Gone but not forgotten RIP Steve. I lost most of my small flock of hens to raccoons, that was hard and got me out of chickens for awhile. Then my dad and sister bought me a crazy Sumatra chick, kept it at their house, was a roo, got him a good home. Couple years later here I am with my Phoenix pair :) ok 14 fertile eggs due any day lol wow....would someone like to trade lol

Back
Top Bottom