A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Aurora...how are your penciled doing??

Phil Oil are doing wonderful! Both are very friendly and affectionate :)

Took the girls for their evening stroll. Gang of kids descended upon them. Daisy was having a great time. Annie....not so much. But she finally settled down & the kids got to pet her. Made Daisy so jealous she climbed into one of the kids laps. He decided he was going to move in to take of Daisy for me. His mom didn't go for it. Too cute....

Adorable!

Yes they are! Franz Lehner in Austria has the most beautiful birds I've ever seen. I'm going to try and replicate his pencilled blue fallfire line here in the states. We need some of those beautiful birds here!

Yes they are! Franz Lehner in Austria has the most beautiful birds I've ever seen. I'm going to try and replicate his pencilled blue fallfire line here in the states. We need some of those beautiful birds here!
Since one pair of color genes in Fall Fire is Rr, they will not breed true. I am curious as to the color genes that he is using to get to blue. Porter's is calling the b1b1 cgcg DD EE NN Rr SlSl pnpn a Red Lavender Sweetgrass Semi-Pencilled.

He says the genotype is b1b1cgcgDdRrpnpn. When I asked him about it he said he started with pencilled sweetgrass x blue winged red slate and pencilled SG x pencilled red palm 2 years ago.

Photo from Franz Lehner of Austria. What he calls a pencilled blue fallfire.

Attachments

• received_1848918061826024.jpeg
    received_1848918061826024.jpeg
    779 KB · Views: 11
He says the genotype is b1b1cgcgDdRrpnpn. When I asked him about it he said he started with pencilled sweetgrass x blue winged red slate and pencilled SG x pencilled red palm 2 years ago.
That is what I thought the color genetics were. Based on the Dd Rr configuration, it is a variety that will never breed true. There are 9 possible different varieties that can happen from the mating of a pair of his "Penciled Blue Fall Fire".

Back
Top Bottom