A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Picture time! The broody bunch for to do some free range today. They all enjoyed it so much! Phil decided he wanted to strut today and Chunk (BBB) and Queen B (daughter named her) have officially joined the flock!

IMG_20180716_131906.jpg
IMG_20180716_131901.jpg
IMG_20180716_132001.jpg
IMG_20180716_132109.jpg
IMG_20180716_132114.jpg
IMG_20180716_132126.jpg

Well we had a set back this eve.... I had 2 little poults that I had just advanced to the outside house and when my sauger went to water they were dead ...... grrr I have had bad hatch rates on the last few hatches anyway, but to lose these? Sigh that leaves me with 6 juvies over a month old and one about 2 weeks old. We will see what my silver snake hatches this weekend?

Being left outside in a violent storm, well past their normal bedtime, had no ill effects on the girls. However, I went to bed feeling guilty . But, we all survived. No damage & we kept power. Thankful for the power. I can't stand this heat. I'd pack up dogs & head to a hotel. The aussie dogs are used to hotels. I'm sure I'd have to remind the coonhound to use his indoor voice!
Back to wading pools & box fans. In this heat Daisy has the good sense to perch on the arm of my chair & not my lap. I have one little Sussex who tries to perch on the other arm. One "look" from Daisy & she hops down.

Thank you for all the well wishes!
20180715_085809.jpg
here is a pic of the set up for the littles.... my son brought this little prefab coop home, and because the 2 ducks were making such a mess in the brooder in the house we moved the littles out into this after a little reinforcement . Whew it was really nice to have them outside!
OK now a funny.
See that plastic tub on top?
My husband sent me to see why my son was making so much noise in his room.... I found him reading. Ok. Wth? ?? So I went about candling broody eggs when I got outside my sons room I heard a thudding....I thought ok , when I looked over my son was still on his bed reading. Then I heard the thudding again , my favorite turkey was playing phantom under that tote, the silly bird ended up under it and was running into things! After I determined she was OK I found it funny but it gave me a heart start after losing those poults to something stupid. .... crazy birds!

Sorry to hear about your babies alicia, it's always terrible losing poults. Hopefully your hen will hatch bunches :)
If the silver snake doesn't maybe darling will?
20180710_175840.jpg
yes the crazy bird figured out where the eggs went... and settled down on them and the golf balls when I moved them to a slightly better location. .... with any luck something will hatch the first week of aug..... I do have backup eggs in the bator 'just in case'

Back
Top Bottom