A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Sfgwife....you in line for some of the hurricane rain?

Got home. Was intending to take the girls for a stroll. Got tied up on the phone. Annie had gone to roost. Daisy was asleep on my backporch rail. Poor girl. Gingerly carried her to the coop & tucked her in on her roost.

Yea. It is pourin here today. And sposed to for the next few. Weatherman is sayin six to eight inches. But it is hotish and humid... like a tornado storm. Yuck! I am cannin pears today and i think i might make a persimmon puddin or six for the fall festival. Cant decide if i wanna do those today or tomorrow. Mama keeps natterin on bout me makin a brownstone front cake for it too. Ugh.

Cuddles new feathers are amazing! Shes just beautiful! The boys look great! Especially Romeo!!

Got a flu shot today. Got home and my coonhound couldn't keep his big nose off the spot where I got the shot. Life with a professional nose....sigh....

Still waiting for Daisy to finish growing feathers. Shes actually still molting in odd places. Annie looks like a weird red porcupine. Daisy's snood is covered in tiny, tiny, almost fuzzy feathers. Annie's is not. Do most hens have fuzzy snoods??
My girl stilts has a fuzzy head.... lol all the rest of my girls have a few feathers for a mo-hawk and a smaller snood but stilts has to be different.

I just found my BBB dead in the coop. I'm assuming heart issues maybe. Rigor hasn't quite set in yet at this point. Think it would be ok to process her? She was supposed to be our Thanksgiving dinner. I won't be able to do it till around 9 tonight though since we're heading out the door.....

What a shame. But I think your wise to buy one Aurora.
Brrrrr... its 54 this morning! It never got out of the 70's yesterday. Birds are loving it. Daisy was flapping & flying before bedtime. Shes the only bird in my flock who flies. My chickens are to fat & Annie never tries. I'm beginning to wonder if Daisy is showing off.

I have to admit...its cool to see her fly. Big blue blob hurling through the air.

I actually finally turned off my air conditioning yesterday. Bout time!!

Had the girls out for a stroll. Their sitter wandered over. ( she lives a few doors down) She yelled hello to them. They both quit grazing & came over to hang out. Its interesting how they remember & know certain people. Another neighbor pulled his truck over to chat. There we stood, me & the sitter, with two turkeys straining their necks up trying to see inside the truck.

Daisy is still losing feathers. Her tail is in & Annie's tail is almost grown out. Both are still a bit grumpy tho....

Back
Top Bottom